Sony Ericsson HBH-PV770
A chequered finish adds a touch of style to Sony Ericsson's latest Bluetooth headset.
- Excellent outgoing audio, stylish design, compact size
- No volume control buttons, some discomfort when worn for long periods
Sony Ericsson’s HBH-PV770 is certainly stylish and compact, but the lack of volume controls defeats the purpose of a wireless headset.
Price$ 114.00 (AUD)
Stylish and compact yet still managing to produce excellent audio quality, Sony Ericsson’s HBH-PV770 is the latest in a long line of stylish hands-free solutions.
Aesthetically, the PV770 is certainly attractive. A chequered finish on the front sets it apart from the competition, with gloss black edging and a matte black finish providing the finishing touches. Despite the fairly compact size, the plastic casing feels solid and the headset well built.
The PV770 doesn’t come bundled with an ear hook, so it simply relies on an ear bud which sits firmly inside your ear. Although the rubber edge around the ear bud does soften its feel against your skin, the large bud may be a hindrance to some. For prolonged conversations, the PV770 can cause some slight discomfort as it digs into your ear. Thankfully, the device can be worn on either ear, which may solve some comfort issues, and Sony Ericsson does include three different sized ear bud surrounds in the sales package.
Operation is simple as there are only two buttons on the PV770: a tiny power button at the top and a call handling button on the right. Unfortunately, this headset doesn’t include any volume control keys, meaning you’ll have to adjust volume via your mobile phone. This really defeats the purpose of a wireless headset in the first place, though, so it’s certainly an annoyance to say the least.
Audio quality is certainly above average. Outgoing audio is excellent, with the PV770 blocking out most background noise and callers being able to hear us despite holding a conversation with busy city traffic in the background. Incoming audio is slightly less appealing as volume does tend to fluctuate and slight distortion was evident at times, even when our phone had full reception.
In addition to the regular call handling functions, the PV770 also allows you to redial the last called number, transfer the sound from the headset to your phone and vice versa and activate voice dialling (provided this is supported on your phone).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTTransition/ Transformation ExecutiveVIC
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTMicrosoft CRM Dynamics Consultant (Mid level)Other
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer - hands on roleOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisQLD
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther