Sony Ericsson HCB-100
- Up to five Bluetooth, colour coded profiles, Well laid out controls, Good sound quality and noise cancellation, Good battery life
- Not quite as good as a dedicated car kit
Voice quality doesn't compare with a dedicated car kit, but the HCB-100 is competitively priced, portable, and doesn't require installation. Definitely a winner.
Price$ 120.05 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson HCB-100 is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone that is designed for use in either the office or a car. Boasting above average sound quality and the ability to connect with up to five phones, the HCB-100 is an excellent device.
The HCB-100 includes a visor clip to mount in your car. It supports Bluetooth 1.2 and will work with any Bluetooth phone or computer that supports Bluetooth headsets. For use in an office, the HCB-100 can be placed on a desk and the microphone flips up to ensure better voice reception.
The controls are well laid out and marked. There are four buttons; a call key, end/power key, and two others; one to mute the microphone during a call and turn on Bluetooth pairing mode, and the other to switch between the five Bluetooth profiles available and check battery life. The HCB-100 has a coloured LED that tells the user which of the unit's five available profiles are being used, and a volume control on the side; the latter is used to adjust both the ringing and in-call volume of the speakerphone.
The HCB-100 functions much like a standard Bluetooth headset. Calls can be answered or rejected at the touch of a button. Pressing the call key enables voice dialling (if supported by the mobile phone), while pressing twice redials. In terms of audio quality, the HCB-100 does a very reasonable job. We experienced no echo, although of course you'll need to close your car windows most of the time to avoid wind noise. The flip-out microphone definitely helps a little in this regard.
The HCB-100 measures 91mm x 76mm x 21mm and weighs 91g although the visor clip will add an additional 21g when attached. According to Sony Ericsson, the HCB-100 has an impressive battery life, rated at up to 20 hours of talk time and 250 hours of standby time. The unit is charged via the included car charger and importantly, it automatically turns off after 10 minutes without a connection, saving valuable battery life.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- FTService Team LeaderACT
- FTReporting Analyst - Planning & ForecastingOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- FTChange Manager, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- FTTechnology Project CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Strategy Specialist - Direct / ConsumerOther
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Office 365 Project)Other
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- TPAndroid Engineer - Contract (6 months)NSW
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT