Sony Ericsson HCB-105
Sony Ericsson's new Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone provides good mobile phone call quality.
- Clean, easy to use design, good sound quality
- Wind noise can be an audio issue, fluctuating outgoing audio
The Sony Ericsson HCB-105 does not offer anything new or groundbreaking, but remains an ideal choice if you are looking for a competent speakerphone.
Price$ 95.00 (AUD)
Sony Ericsson's latest Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone is a basic unit that possesses good sound quality and excellent battery life. The HCB-105 does not offer any groundbreaking features, but it remains an ideal choice if you are looking for a well performing speakerphone.
The HCB-105 is slim and rather long device with a fairly minimalist design. It has a dark grey finish that has been selected to match the décor of most modern cars. The included visor clip is suited for in car use, but it can also act as a desk stand if you want to use this device in an office environment.
The controls are very straightforward to use. The HCB-105 includes just three buttons; volume up and down keys, as well as an answer/end call key and dedicated power button that are combined into one multifunction key. An indicator light sits between these controls, denoting the different functions of the unit, including when it is in pairing mode or is connected to a mobile phone.
Once paired, the HCB-105 functions much like a standard Bluetooth headset. Mobile phone calls can be answered or rejected by pressing the multifunction button, while pressing the button twice redials the last number called. You can also transfer the sound from your phone to the speakerphone or vice versa by simply pressing the multifunction button while on a call. Other functions include voice dialling (if supported by your mobile phone) and the ability to mute the microphone while on a call.
Sound quality is above average, although not outstanding. We found the best results were obtained when the driver side window in our car was closed — wind noise is an audio issue when the window is open. Our callers sometimes complained about the lack of volume in our voice, although this was not a regular occurrence in testing.
According to Sony Ericsson, the HCB-105 has an impressive battery life, rated at up to 25 hours of talk time and 700 hours of standby time. The unit is charged via the included proprietary car charger. Importantly, the device automatically turns off after 10 minutes without a connection, thereby saving battery life.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - 6 Month Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Pega Developer (Pega Senior Systems Architect)Other
- CCDatapower DeveloperACT
- FTEducation/Training OfficerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerACT
- FTSales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions ProviderVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Business Process Improvement - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther
- FTDevOps Practice OfficerACT
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTProject Coordinator, Technology ProjectsOther
- FTSenior Applications Specialist - Developer (Cerner)QLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - TechnicalNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperOther
- TPProgram Manager - Long Term ContractQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTFull stack DeveloperOther
- FTSAP ABAP DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther