Sony Ericsson MBS-100
Unidentified flying… speaker?
- Quirky design, simple operation, excellent sound quality considering its size
- Battery is non-removable
This strange-looking device is actually a very useful speaker. Don’t let the design fool you, as Sony Ericsson’s MBS-100 is a commendable mobile phone accessory.
Price$ 108.00 (AUD)
Described by Sony Ericsson as a "wireless sphere of music”, the MBS-100 is a portable Bluetooth speaker with a twist. This circular speaker could be compared to a number of different objects including a spider, a moon rock or even a UFO!
The MBS-100 is a large plastic circle finished in matte black plastic. Although it’s a little too big to cup comfortably in your hand, the speaker is ideal for travelling as it runs off a rechargeable battery. Despite the all-plastic design and the fact that the unit is light, it feels quite solid and well built.
The speaker grille consists of different sized circles etched into the casing, each circle covered by standard black speaker mesh, similar to those found on regular speakers and hi-fi systems. Underneath the MBS-100 is a standard 3.5mm jack for connecting a non-Bluetooth audio source, as well as power and Bluetooth buttons. The battery is non-removable and is charged via the included proprietary AC adapter.
Pairing the MBS-100 is effortless: simply hold down the Bluetooth button until the light on the front flashes red and green to denote pairing mode. Search for the MBS-100 on your phone, enter the default passcode (0000) and you’re done. When paired, the light will slowly flash green.
Apart from the design, what really impressed us was the sound quality. For a unit so small, it certainly packs quite a punch and it is capable of very loud volumes. The quality obviously isn’t fantastic, but considering the portability factor we were extremely impressed. The unit produces enough punch to fill a small room with sound. Even when listening at near full volume there was no major distortion evident. We tested the unit by pairing it to the W980i, and the sound quality via A2DP Bluetooth was excellent. We also used a standard line-in cable (not included) to connect the MBS-100 to an iPhone 3G and the results were similarly impressive.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- Pelican prepares for iPhone 8 launch with range of rugged cases
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCIT Service Desk AnalystACT
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- FTTest Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BillPayOther
- TPProject Manager - Information ManagementVIC
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTSalesForce AdministratorOther
- CCSalesforce Technical ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- TPAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTTransition/ Transformation ExecutiveVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT