Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman mobile phone (preview)
Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman: The Walkman brand is back
- Zappin music feature
- Corner user interface
- No 3G
- No third party apps
- Limited internal memory
Sony Ericsson's Mix Walkman is an entry level pre-paid mobile phone that aims to revive the Walkman brand. Surprisingly, Sony Ericsson has opted to use its own, proprietary operating system on the Mix Walkman, meaning you won't have access to third-party apps.
Sony Ericsson has decided to resurrect its once dominant Walkman mobile phone brand, but surprisingly opts for its own, proprietary operating system on the new Mix Walkman handset.
Read our reviews of other top Sony Ericsson phones.
The Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman is a budget phone that will be targeted at pre-paid users. On paper, the Mix Walkman a very unremarkable product: there is no 3G connectivity, limited internal memory and no real standout features.
Sony Ericsson claims the Mix Walkman's "Zappin" feature gives a new twist to music playback. The phone comes with a Zappin key that will preview the chorus of the next track when pressed, and the music player also includes a karaoke function that will lower the vocal track from any song.
The Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman has a 3in touchscreen with a resolution of 240x400, and the interface looks similar to the XPERIA X10 Mini. It features four shortcuts on each corner of the home screen for quick access and is described by Sony Ericsson as a "corner user interface".
In addition to its Walkman music function, the Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman comes with Wi-Fi connectivity, and features a 3.2-megapixel camera that doubles as a video recorder. The look and feel of the phone can also be personalised with different exchangeable colour bands.
The Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman will be available in selected markets from Q3, but an Australian release date has not been announced.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
- OnePlus 6 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Telstra Launches the Tough Max 2 Smartphone Designed for Those That Need Extra Durability
- Moto E5 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCContinuous Improvement and Change Specialist (Black Belt) - Contract - Nth SydNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTTechnical AnalystSA
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTSupport Services Manager - SaaSOther
- TPSpecialist TechnicianVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- TPSnr SQL DBAQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Cyber Security)QLD
- FTSenior Linux System AdministratorVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerWA
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTTechnology StrategistNSW
- FTHealthcare Systems Support Specialist - HL7QLD
- FTCommunications AnalystOther
- CCTableau Data AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support / Service Desk - Mount DruittOther
- FT.NET Developer (perm and contract)Other
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorACT
- FTUI / UX Designer - 6 Month ContractOther