Sony Ericsson MRC-60
- Remote control, design, ease of use
- Doesn't double as USB dock
The MRC-60 is a straightforward solution to playing music on your mobile phone through your home stereo setup.
Price$ 82.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson MRC-60 is a handy accessory that allows you to connect your mobile phone to a home stereo and control it via a remote control. The MRC-60 can control both the media player and FM radio of your phone, and the cradle doubles as a charging dock.
The MRC-60 is a really simple device; dock your phone in the cradle, plug the included RCA stereo cable into your home theatre and press play on the remote control. Ease of use is apparent, and the setup is quick and easy. Also included in the sales package is an AC charger, which plugs into the rear of the cradle next to the stereo cable. Connecting the charger means your phone will be charged every time you dock it in the cradle.
Unfortunately, despite the presence of a proprietary Sony Ericsson port, the MMC-60 doesn't double as a USB connection to your PC. We felt this would have been an excellent inclusion; specifically for those with media centre PCs. Not only could you have the phone plugged into your stereo, but it could also be synchronised with your media centre, allowing new music to be uploaded easily.
The remote control is small and compact and it includes a five-way navigational pad, answer and end call keys (for answering a call with speakerphone) as well as a source button, for switching between the multimedia player and the FM radio on your phone. The buttons do require a fair press to operate, and they are fairly flat, but overall, the remote is quite intuitive. Conveniently, holding down the previous/next buttons in the FM radio function automatically searches for frequencies.
The design of the MRC-60 is sleek and flashy, and it matched our K810i review handset perfectly. The purple light at the bottom of the cradle is a nice touch, and each time the remoter is pressed, the light flashes to indicate activity. It is compatible with the K530i, K800i, K810i, K850i, W660i, W850i and W960i handsets.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCProgram / Project Support AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- TPProgramme SupportACT
- FTServer SupportSA
- FTCyber/Forensic Security AnalystACT
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCDataStage DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Data EngineerOther
- TPBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTScheduler - CommunicationsOther
- TPDigital Project Manager | Website ReplatformingQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSystems Co-ordinator / AdministratorOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA