Sony Ericsson txt pro mobile phone (preview)
Sony Ericsson txt pro: Sony Ericsson brings a full QWERTY keyboard to the entry-level pre-paid market
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Friends app
- No 3G
- No third-party apps
Sony Ericsson's txt pro aims to bring a QWERTY keyboard to the pre-paid end of the market, but it runs a proprietary operating system rather than Google's Android platform
Sony Ericsson has recently focussed on delivering XPERIA branded handsets that run Google's Android operating system, but the txt pro is an entirely different beast — it runs a proprietary operating system.
Read our reviews of other top Sony Ericsson phones.
According to Sony Ericsson, the txt pro is designed for messaging and social networking. It comes with a "friends application" that enables users to add their five best friends to see Facebook and Twitter updates at a glance. The lack of 3G connectivity will hinder mobile Internet use, but the txt pro does come with Wi-Fi.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro has a 3in touchscreen with a resolution of 240x400, and the interface looks similar to the XPERIA X10 Mini. It features four shortcuts on each corner of the home screen for quick access and is described by Sony Ericsson as a "corner user interface".
The Sony Ericsson txt pro also features a 3.2-megapixel camera that doubles as a video recorder, and comes in black, white and pink colours.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro will be available in selected markets from Q3, but an Australian release date has not been announced.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- FTPHP Team LeadNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCTechnical Team Lead/Application Developer Team Lead - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTAccount Business Management Officer/Operations ManagerACT
- FTIntegration AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM DEVELOPER - BASELINE CLEARANCE REQUIRED - CANBERRAACT
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTTIBCO iProcess LeadOther