Sony Ericsson W660i
- Solid build quality, bright clear screen, user interface
- Cramped keypad, a little expensive for features offered
The W660i has a solid, polished feel and comes with a slick user interface, but the cramped keypad is a downside
Price$ 649.00 (AUD)
The stylish 3G enabled W660i from Sony Ericsson is the latest in the Walkman range, and it boasts a slim form-factor and Walkman 2.0 software.
The W660i has the usual main features you'd expect from a modern phone - MMS, SMS, email, instant messaging, Bluetooth, and USB 2.0. Video calling is also available.
It has a bright, well illuminated 262k colour screen with a resolution of 176x220 pixels. The default 'Walkman' theme has a slick, clean feel and the large text is easy to read. We noticed that the alternate themes can slow down the responsiveness of general navigation, and can be a little slow to light-up from standby. The viewing angle of the display is impressive.
The W660i comes with 16MB of in-built memory, and our review unit was supplied with a 512MB Sony Memory Stick Micro via the expansion slot.
Getting organised is easy thanks to a robust feature set of alarm, calendar, notes, reminders, task list, and timer. All note-type features are able to set reminder alarms to go off, just in case you need another reminder at a later time or date.
As this is a Walkman phone, the MP3 player that comes with it is feature packed, but keep in mind that extra memory will have to be added for more than a few songs. Navigation is easy and simple, with album artwork, time, and track number shown while playing audio. Unfortunately, the text size for the song information is small and is sometimes hard to read in bright light. The W660i includes proprietary earphones; if you want to use your own, you'll have to purchase a 3.5mm adaptor.
The quality of the 2 megapixel camera with 2.5x digital zoom is very good in a well-lit area. The clarity of the pictures we took in a general office environment under 'normal' mode were impressive with their crispness. The camera offers additional features such as video, shoot mode, night mode, self-timer, effects, white balance and picture quality. Shoot mode gave additional options such as panorama, framing and burst.
One interesting feature the W660i comes with is 'TrackID', a service which allows you to take a small recording of a song from the radio or speaker, then send it over the internet. You will then get a reply of the information of the song, including song title, artist, and album name if it is available.
As nice as it looks and feels, the black coating on the W660i smudges very easily and does detract from the smooth finish. Controls consist of a five-way keypad, two selection keys, two back/clear keys and two shortcut keys. Both the backlit navigational keys and the keypad are small, so they can be frustrating at times when navigating the menus or quickly typing a SMS.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTJava Developer (API Development)Other
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital/WealthOther
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support Technical LeadQLD
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- FTIntegration Specialist (HL7)Other
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTDatabase Systems SpecialistOther
- FTFront End Developer l HTML5 , SCSS, Bootstrap, KnockOut, MVVPNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW