spectorsoft Spector Pro 5.0
- Snapshot Recording, Records all Keystrokes
- Doesn't broadcast what it is doing, Doesn't appear in process listing
Good reporting and recording functionality ensures that Spector Pro 5.0 has some appeal.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
This is some spooky software. Although it politely bills itself as an Internet-monitoring product, under other circumstances you'd probably call Spector Pro 5.0 spyware. Get ready to swallow those scruples.
Spector comprises a suite of seven tools that record virtually everything happening on a PC, whether Web surfing, instant messaging, programs being launched, email or keystokes. It can now also perform Snapshot Recording, which takes greyscale screenshots of the screen at set intervals that can be played back as a sort of a time-lapse CCTV image of what was on screen at that particular moment.
Spector records all keystrokes, but you can tell it to watch out for keywords and alert you when they're typed. And if that sounds dodgy to you, be reassured by the condition of installation that insists that the user of the PC being monitored is notified of that fact.
The results of the program's eavesdropping can be observed by another PC on the network, although making this feature work takes a bit of effort. You have to share the Spector Pro data folder on the PC being monitored - each time it uses a different (subtle) folder name. For reasons of reliability this data has to be stored locally. Having installed the viewer on the monitoring PC, you then have to browse to that network and save that location as a 'favourite'. For obvious reasons, Spector Pro doesn't broadcast what it is doing, so the user can't even tell that the software has been installed - it doesn't appear in the process listing, host Registry or as visible files.
If covert surveillance is your game, Spector Pro 5.0 will suit you down to the ground, combining a powerful, comprehensive suite of monitoring tools with good reporting functionality. What's more, it enables you to control access to the Internet with some finesse.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProcess Specialist x 2Other
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTBatch support specialistVIC
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Specialist O365NSW
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- TPBA Enterprise ProgramVIC
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC