A 3-D authoring environment.
- Full-featured modelling workflow, roundtrip editing, advanced rendering and HDRI support, 3-D export to Web and PDF in Live 3D, strong Photoshop integration
- Quite expensive, some controls could be streamlined, modelling tools slightly basic
3D[in] is an expensive 3-D authoring environment that slots neatly into Photoshop Extended CS3’s 3-D features.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Note: pricing for this product is in US$.
Strata’s 3D[in] plug-ins, Design 3D[in], Foto 3D[in] and Live 3D[in], slot neatly into Photoshop Extended CS3’s 3-D features. We’ll concentrate here on Design 3D[in], which offers a well-featured 3-D authoring environment with transformation and modelling functions, including tools for creating primitive objects.
You can also create a new 3-D object from a selected 2D image within Photoshop, then use Lathe and Extrude tools to build it.
Model[in] Edit can be used to change or finetune the 3-D object, while Match[in] is used to correctly place and scale the 3-D object in a 2-D document, in a procedure that resembles Photoshop’s Vanishing Point process. The final stage, Render[in], generates photo-real images of the object for integration into a Photoshop project. Any of the resulting rendered layers are fully editable.
Design[in]’s subtools offer impressive roundtrip capability: you can send a 3-D model from Photoshop to Design 3D[in], add textures and send the model back. You can continue the texture editing/modelling process, or close and render it. An ‘Un-Plug’ button flips you out of the plug-in.
This integration sets Strata’s tools above the rest of the applications on test, with only Daz 3D Bridge coming close. However, in comparison that plug-in’s 3-D modelling is limited.
The other Strata plug-ins also work well with Photoshop. Foto 3D[in] builds 3D models from a series of related 2D images, piecing together the images and producing a texture map of the entire surface, as well as generating an underlying 3D mesh. Live 3D[in] is a finishing tool, used for converting Photoshop files with 3D layers into Web pages and PDF documents with interactive content.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorACT
- CCSecurity ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Revenue Mgmt Systems ExperienceOther
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- CCDeveloper - DeliveryNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Performance ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio Coordinator / Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- CCUnity 3D Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCOracle Fusion Middleware AdminNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTCompliance Analyst - Anti Money Laundering & CTFOther
- FTSenior DeveloperWA
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- FTSAP Finance Project ManagerOther
- FTEnd-to-End Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPIT Project Support & Finance OffcerVIC