Strong Technologies SRT5390
- Ease of operation
- Lack of USB port
This SRT5390 provides excellent digital TV reception and adequate recording, timeshifting and playback functions. It lacks a USB port for transferring recorded programs to a PC.
Price$ 479.00 (AUD)
With a 120GB hard drive in its belly, the Strong SRT5390 can record and store close to 60 hours of very good quality MPEG-2 video.
Getting started with this unit is a matter of connecting your antenna cable to the set-top box, and then connecting the antenna output to your TV. Then you simply turn the unit on and tune your TV so that it finds the signal coming from the set-top box.
It didn't take long at all for our TV to find the Strong unit, and in our tests it performed splendidly. It tuned into all of the available digital free-to-air channels in a very short amount of time and displayed them flawlessly. Indeed, we were watching TV within 15 minutes of opening the box (even though there was nothing on worth watching at 1pm). It also detected the HD channels that were available, even though it isn't able to view these channels. We were able to edit these out of our favourite channels list very easily.
Its on-screen menu system is logical and well laid-out, but it does take some time to get used to some of its functions, especially when playing back programs.
You can also use the Strong unit to timeshift live TV programs, as long as you start recording them beforehand. That means if you want to sit back and enjoy the footy without interruptions, you should hit the record button just prior to kick-off. That way, if someone knocks on you door or calls during the middle of the game to recommend you change phone carriers, you can just hit the pause button and ensure that you don't miss a second of the action.
Recorded programs can also be split and even marked with skip points (up to 10), so you can cut out parts of a recording you don't want to watch. This unit also allows you to record a program and play one back at the same time.
This unit is lacks a USB port for transferring recorded programs to your PC for archiving. It has a range of other output ports--SCART, composite, RF and S-Video output as well as coaxial digital and optical digital audio output.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 First Look: Nikon D850
- 2 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 Google WiFi review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- FTNetwork Security ConsultantOther
- FTIT Sales ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support - Maintenance & PatchingNSW
- FTHogan Technical ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Insurance ClaimsNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCMS Project Server DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- FTCore Lead ArchitectACT
- CCContent AnalystACT