Strong Technologies SRT5390
- Ease of operation
- Lack of USB port
This SRT5390 provides excellent digital TV reception and adequate recording, timeshifting and playback functions. It lacks a USB port for transferring recorded programs to a PC.
Price$ 479.00 (AUD)
With a 120GB hard drive in its belly, the Strong SRT5390 can record and store close to 60 hours of very good quality MPEG-2 video.
Getting started with this unit is a matter of connecting your antenna cable to the set-top box, and then connecting the antenna output to your TV. Then you simply turn the unit on and tune your TV so that it finds the signal coming from the set-top box.
It didn't take long at all for our TV to find the Strong unit, and in our tests it performed splendidly. It tuned into all of the available digital free-to-air channels in a very short amount of time and displayed them flawlessly. Indeed, we were watching TV within 15 minutes of opening the box (even though there was nothing on worth watching at 1pm). It also detected the HD channels that were available, even though it isn't able to view these channels. We were able to edit these out of our favourite channels list very easily.
Its on-screen menu system is logical and well laid-out, but it does take some time to get used to some of its functions, especially when playing back programs.
You can also use the Strong unit to timeshift live TV programs, as long as you start recording them beforehand. That means if you want to sit back and enjoy the footy without interruptions, you should hit the record button just prior to kick-off. That way, if someone knocks on you door or calls during the middle of the game to recommend you change phone carriers, you can just hit the pause button and ensure that you don't miss a second of the action.
Recorded programs can also be split and even marked with skip points (up to 10), so you can cut out parts of a recording you don't want to watch. This unit also allows you to record a program and play one back at the same time.
This unit is lacks a USB port for transferring recorded programs to your PC for archiving. It has a range of other output ports--SCART, composite, RF and S-Video output as well as coaxial digital and optical digital audio output.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCHR / Org. Development Business Analyst - Large Telco Contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI / DWHOther
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperOther
- FTWLM Hanna Data ModellersACT
- FTPerformance Test Consultant X1Other
- FTHOGAN Technical ConsultantOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTPower BI /SQL DeveloperOther
- FTImplementation ManagerNSW
- FTPenetration TesterNSW
- FTICT Security AnalystACT
- CCDesktop/Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Consultant - SMEVIC
- FTBusiness Analysts - apps developmentACT
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerOther
- CCCyber Security Team/stream LeadVIC
- CCDatapower DeveloperACT
- CCIT Service Desk SpecialistQLD