- Original content
- Nothing of note
Searching is still king, but stumbling is really gaining a footing.
Like most people, you probably turn to Google to satisfy your online searching needs. But its very effectiveness in turning up thousands of results, which you have to trawl through manually, can soon take the fun out of your quest for knowledge.
Enter, StumbleUpon - a free program that can put the serendipity back into online searches!
StumbleUpon sits on your toolbar, with a massive range of features to allow for "social surfing". But primarily it selects at random, Web sites that are relevant to you, recommended by other Net surfers.
To get started, download Stumble upon, register a user profile, and select your interests from nearly 500 topics, and then you are ready to start stumbling. Hit the "Stumble!" button and you're on your way.
The first thing you notice is that the quality of the Web recommendations is good, because the sites are drawn from a database of 337 million stumbles, where users are actively participating. Your results become more refined as you "stumble along" and rate the sites you visit by selecting the "thumbs up", or a "thumbs down" icon. This allows the StumbleUpon database to record your preferences and associate you with other like-minded users.
Other features in StumbleUpon assist in building a social network as you surf, allowing you to comment about any Web site and discuss related issues. You can also e-mail other users from within the application, while preserving your anonymity. You get access to enhanced features if you wish to pay a subscription of $US20 per year. The most notable is the ability to integrate your Stumbler ratings into your Google search.
Join the newsletter!
MSI has long pushed the boundaries of invention with its ever-evolving range of laptops but it has now pulled off a world first with the new MSI Creative 17.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel Buds (2020) review: Course correction
- 2 Oppo Find X2 Lite review: Gilded without being gauche
- 3 Jabra Evolve2 85 review: Learning the right lessons
- 4 Oppo Find X2 Neo review: Class Act
- 5 Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
Latest News Articles
- Reddit, LinkedIn, TikTok will issue updates to stop apps from copying the clipboard in iOS 14
- Apple granted patent for virtual group selfies
- Apple admits to widespread iOS Mail security threat but claims no ‘immediate risk’
- Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months
- Why Samsung killed off the Twitch.TV app for its latest Smart TVs
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?