"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
Sweex HD Webcam Diamond
Sweex HD Webcam Diamond: dainty, with attractive black accents and a robust clip to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
- Cheap, HD, good video quality
- No auto-focus
If you’re after an inexpensive webcam for your first foray into video-messaging then the Sweex HD Diamond webcam is ideal.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond is dainty and weighs a sylphlike 80g. Measuring 55x60x55mm, the silver-coloured HD Diamond has attractive black accents and features a robust clip that folds out from the base of the device to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
The head of the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can be swivelled through 360 degrees and tilted up or down - ideal for getting the camera angled comfortably and ensuring you're properly in shot. It also comes with a 150cm cable, so you won't need to worry about where to position the device if your PC's USB port isn't located close to your monitor.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond was simplicity itself to install. Sweex provides the necessary software after which we plugged in the webcam to out USB port.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can capture video up to 1600x1200 pixels and 30 frames per second (fps) or still images at a resolution of 2Mp. We found the resulting video clear and smooth, with good colours and no pixellation. There was no flare on our harsh office lighting either. However, sound was slightly poorer than some of the others we tested, and it picked up quite a lot of background noise.
Unlike the other devices we reviewed in our webcams group test, the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond doesn't have auto-focus. Instead, you'll need to rotate the black ring surrounding the lens, left or right, until your image is in focus. This actually gives you control, rather than the webcam.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 8 Sirocco review: A unique flagship that's more of a mutation than a market-leader
- 3 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 4 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 5 Sony Xperia XA2 review: One last hurrah for OmniBalance
Latest News Articles
- Swann refine their smart security solution with new solar panel
- Logitech Rally sets new standard for USB-connected conference cams
- Netgear recall Arlo power adapters
- Canon Strengthens 2:3” Broadcast Lens Range
- Canon Introduces Cinema EOS C700 FF Camera and More
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?