Decent sound quality and portability at a low price
- Sweet highs, rich mid-range, folding design
- Poor bass, flat overall sound, weak soundstage
TDK's ST-100 headphones won't wow you with their audio quality, however for the price they offer a decent-sounding, portable alternative to your stock MP3 player ear buds.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
TDK's ST-100 headphones offer decent sound quality for a low price. With a portable design and reasonable audio quality, these entry-level headphones are a solid option for users looking to upgrade from their default MP3 player ear buds without spending a lot of money.
Sound quality is about what you'd expect for a pair of headphones at this price point, although the larger over-the-ear design gives the ST-100s a certain advantage over ear buds. They have a fairly rich mid-range, with good detail and a generally pleasing tone; acoustic music in particular sounded great. There was some minor distortion at times.
Treble notes were also fairly impressive, with a sweet sound and fairly good extension. However, the bass was disappointing. It sounded hollow and lacked any kind of punch or definition. It also didn't extend particularly low; this gave the music a fairly flat sound.
We were a little disappointed with the separation: there was little in the way of division between individual elements of the sound and everything tended to blend together a little. This also meant the soundstage was lacking, with a basic two-dimensional presentation that really didn't do anything to immerse you in the music.
While the mid-range had a nice tone, it wasn't particularly fun and the lack of any power in the bass meant most music lacked impact and energy. It is noteworthy that the listed frequency response for this model is only 100-18,000 Hz, which is a far cry from the 20-20,000 Hz you'll find on some better-sounding models.
The ST-100 headphones are quite small for an over-the-ear model. They have small pleather cups with a thin silver and black band. We found them comfortable for long listening sessions, although our ears did get a little warm.
One nifty thing about the design is that the cups can fold up, making these headphones ideal for taking on the road with you. Often you'll have to sacrifice sound quality for portability, but that is not the case here. The cups are also extendable so they can be easily adjusted if you don't like the fit.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
- CES 2018: Jabra Announces Third-Gen of True Wireless Earbuds
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCJunior to Mid-level Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCServer Support Specialist ? Performance and Capacity ManagementNSW
- FTExecutive AssistantOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- FTTest Analyst - SAP ERPOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCMining Planning System EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTProject Manager - NSW Health exp essentialOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCITSM Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest Manager - InfrastructureOther
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCIT Service Desk SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerACT
- TPSecurity ConsultantNSW