From hardcore gaming to everyday use, there’s a new MSI laptop for everybody
TDK Tremor Xa-10
- Compact design, magnetic strips for traveling, can run on batteries or USB power, price
- Below average sound quality
For the price, we really can't complain about the Xa-10. This compact, flat panel set of speakers that will do the job for those who aren't too fussed about sound quality.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
TDK is well known for its flat panel speakers, but in the Tremor Xa-10's TDK has taken another step. Powered by the USB port, or by AAA batteries, the Xa-10 is a set of compact speakers with a unique design.
The Xa-10 speakers connect to any device with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so they can be used with portable multimedia players and notebooks. Their compact size means they have been designed for travelling and the unique magnets on the edge of each speaker allow them to stick together, so the flat speaker panels are protected and space is saved during transport. Once again, TDK has made use of NXT flat panel technology, which aims to provide a quality listening experience in the flattest form factor. NXT is responsible for the development and commercialisation of the Distributed Mode Loudspeaker (DML) technology now commonly referred to as 'flat panel' loudspeakers, and TDK has been using this technology in its speakers for a number of years now.
Sound quality is ultimately what we expected from speakers at this price point. A lack of bass is the main issue, and sound can become distorted at full volume. There is also an apparent lack of clarity and crispness. Overall, we didn't expect much more considering the price. Volume is adequate, although naturally, don't expect the Xa-10 speakers to be able to fill a room with sound; they are only rated at 1.2 watts per speaker.
The XA-10 speakers are powered by an included battery box, measuring 83mm x 50mm x 18mm. The cover is removed by sliding it back with your thumb, and it houses four AAA batteries which should last approximately 4.5 hours according to TDK figures. We recommend rechargeable Alkaline batteries for the best value for money. Alternatively, the battery box can be discarded and the speakers can be plugged into any USB port,such as on a PC or notebook, to draw power. Unfortunately, no AC adapter is included in the sales package, but you can purchase this an as extra. There is a DC input on the battery box, next to a power switch and LED light. The Xa-10 speakers are also available in lime green, orange and grey colours.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Every TV in Samsung's 2021 TV line-up explained: Neo QLED vs Crystal UHD vs QLED
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?