TDK Tremor xa60
- Quality sound, thin and light satellite speakers, headphone out jack, sub can be placed either vertically or horizontally, auto off function, looks good
- Power button inconveniently located at back of sub, bass levels could be higher
A recommended set of desktop computer speakers. It delivers quality sound for a competitive price.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
The TDK Tremor xa60 system is a futuristic-looking set of desktop speakers that packs quite a punch in terms of sound quality--all for a fairly low price.
The Tremors have NXT technology built into the two satellite speakers. TDK claims a larger "sweet spot", which means that users don't have to be seated directly in front of the speakers to hear their full quality. After a full week's use, we can say that we were very impressed with the overall sound quality. Sound levels remained clear and crisp even when we were quite a distance from the unit.
The xa60 system includes two extremely thin and light satellite speakers and a subwoofer that can be placed either horizontally or vertically. The rear of the subwoofer houses colour coded inputs for all wires, which makes the Tremors very easy to set up. Also included on the subwoofer are a headphone jack and LED light on the front and a power switch on the rear. Our gripe with the power switch is its location, and we feel it would have been better on the front of the subwoofer for easier access. Additionally, for those who keep their subwoofer down below on the floor or at the bottom of a computer desk, it will be quite a hassle to reach behind the unit to switch it off all the time.
TDK has included a handy auto-off system, which may solve the above issue to some extent. After several hours of inactivity, the xa60 switches to standby mode.
The subwoofer provides a substantial amount of bass without overpowering the satellite speakers. We couldn't help but feel it probably lacked a little punch, but considering its size and power, it does a good job. The bass level is adjustable via a large dial at the front of the subwoofer, alongside a much smaller dial for treble control. Whether you are playing games or simply listening to music, it is worth spending some time adjusting the bass and treble levels to deliver the best quality sound.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneQLD
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTAdministration Support/CoordinationOther
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - CCNP or CCIEOther
- FTProject Manager - PLMOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- FTSenior SQL DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Project ManagerOther
- CCIT Project SchedulerNSW
- FTexecutive OfficerOther
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTNet DeveloperOther
- FTSenior PMO AnalystOther
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC