Telstra T100 mobile phone
Telstra T100 review: A $49 prepaid Next G mobile phone that is relatively straightforward to use
- Price, Next G network, Bluetooth, zippy UI
- Small display, keypad design, awkward feeling navigational pad
The Telstra T100 mobile phone has Bluetooth, MMS, a VGA camera and an MP3 player, and it is relatively easy to use.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
Retailing for just $49, Telstra's T100 mobile phone is one of the cheapest phones on the Australian market. It features Bluetooth, MMS, a VGA camera, and an MP3 player but, most importantly, it's straightforward to use.
Read our reviews of other top Telstra mobile phones on prepaid.
Ideal as a temporary replacement to your lost or stolen mobile phone, or as an inexpensive second phone, the Telstra T100's main benefit is access to Telstra's Next G network; it is widely regarded as a superior network to both Optus and Vodafone in Australia. The T100 is also a BlueTick-rated handset meaning it's been recommended by Telstra for use in rural and regional areas of Australia. Call quality is fair and the hands-free speakerphone is quite loud, while those in remote areas will appreciate the external antenna port on the rear of the phone.
The Telstra T100 mobile phone is almost ridiculously cheap, so it's no surprise that it has small, low resolution screen with poor viewing angles. The display is reasonable for general use, but struggles with video content like Telstra's Mobile Foxtel service.
Manufactured by ZTE, the T100 feels light but relatively sturdy and is constructed from a soft, almost rubber-feeling plastic. Our main complaint is the design of the controls; the numeric keypad requires a firm press and the buttons feel sticky and emit an annoying loud clicking sound when pressed, while the five-way navigational pad feels awkward to press due to its thin edging. If we are being extra picky, the answer and end call keys are also a little small for our liking.
The Telstra T100 mobile phone has a basic and straightforward menu system. It uses a standard 3x3 grid layout for the main menu and a simple list format for submenus. The phone is relatively zippy and showed no sign of any slowdown while browsing the menus. There was also no keystroke lag when messaging, though the sticky keys do affect typing.
The handset has access to the full range of Telstra BigPond services, including Yellow Pages, White Pages, Whereis mobile and the afore-mentioned Mobile Foxtel. The phone also includes a basic VGA camera, an MP3 player and Bluetooth connectivity. A basic suite of PIM applications include an alarm, calendar, calculator, currency converter, world time and a stopwatch.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTSenior Change Analyst, Governance & AssuranceOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSenior Telecommunications RiggerSA
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- TPieMR Program Director - Gold CoastQLD
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- TPSenior Developer/Technical AnalystNSW
- FTCobol DeveloperOther
- FTApplication ArchitectOther
- CCRelease ManagerACT
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - BankingVIC
- FTIT Support & System AdministratorNSW