A generic monitor not specifically designed for photography isn’t going to deliver the colour quality we seek. Processing images on the BenQ SW271 gives the user a stunningly vivid colour range.
Tenebril GhostSurf 2006 Platinum
- Ease of use, Interface, Good features list
- Browser may need to be reconfigured
If you are looking for an easy to use security program for your Internet browser, look no further than GhostSurf.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
While we wouldn't for a minute want to imply that our readers peruse anything racier than the GoodGearGuide site when surfing the internet, that doesn't mean you want any old Tom, Dick or Harry to see your online habits. GhostSurf 2006 Platinum aims to soothe this and a number of other privacy concerns.
Once you've installed the program and gone through some enthusiastic requests for registration details, GhostSurf presents an intuitive interface with five options to tighten up your computer security. We really liked the useability of this program; even if you've never had much experience with these type of security programs you shouldn't have any trouble with GhostSurf.
The Privacy Control Center enables you to adjust the level of information given out by your PC while you browse the net. You can block cookies, encrypt data and root your connection through anonymous hubs so your IP address is hidden.
Be warned, however, that your browser will need to be reconfigured if it's Netscape or Firefox - IE and Opera users need not worry on this score - and our web connection appeared to slow down slightly on the top two privacy levels. A few pages even failed to load, claiming not to recognise our now-disguised browser.
Other options include AdArmor - a useful resource for blocking pop-ups, page resizings, website music and the like - and SpyCatcher, an antispyware facility that can be instructed to scan your PC at regular intervals.
Personal Data Vault provides password-protected storage for sensitive data and, finally, the excellent TracksCleaner enables you to wipe away traces of your surfing, as well as any files you may wish to see the back of. It offers a variety of wiping strengths, from the merely adequate to military-grade paranoia.
Tenebril's GhostSurf 2006 Platinum offers peace of mind and ease of use at a reasonable price - just remember that privacy comes at a slight cost in surfing convenience.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
Latest News Articles
- Adobe announces next generation of Creative Cloud
- Logitech announces Logitech Rally
- Access thousands of movies for free thanks to Telstra TV Kanopy App
- RMIT Online and AWS offering course in VR and AR
- Apple set release date for iOS 12, watchOS 5, tvOS 12, and macOS Mojave
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?