THQ Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command
- Makes good use of the Warhammer 40k franchise, fun and engaging turn-based action
- Missions can be hard, the pace of the game can slow to a crawl at points
For Warhammer 40K fans, this game's a no-brainer but even if you're unfamiliar with the franchise, Squad Command is a quality turn-based strategy game that deserves serious consideration.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
Whether you're new to the Warhammer 40K universe or a hardcore vet, you owe it to yourself to check out Squad Command. This turn-based strategy game is a great addition to the franchise and should tide you over until the inevitable release of Dawn of War 2.
Step by step
Squad Command plays out far differently than Dawn of War and its many expansion packs. It's a turn-based affair, so the battles are more methodical and slower paced. You start out with a squad of various units which range from standard Space Marines to vehicles; every unit possesses a set number of action points that they expend each turn to perform actions like movement and attacks.
Most levels require you to completely destroy every single enemy unit though there are some varied objectives like blowing up specific targets. The graphics are a little muddy but they get the job done and the controls are pretty slick, though panning around the levels can be a bit of a chore.
With the lights out...
We also didn't like the mission difficulty, which can be pretty brutal -- be prepared to replay missions often. There's also a thick fog of war that covers the playing field and you constantly come under attack from hidden foes, which can slow the pace of the game down. Despite this frustration, however, we found ourselves wanting to return to the game over and over again.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTICT Infrastructure / Server EngineerSA
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior .Net Developer/ Team LeadQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSQL Systems DeveloperQLD
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject SchedulersSA
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCCall or Contact Centre OperatorNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystACT
- FTSAP Developers (SAP CRM, PSCD, HANA, UI5)Other
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Migration EngineerOther
- FTRecruitment Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCEngagement OfficerNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- FTIteration Manager / Scrum Master - DigitalOther