This month, two PC World readers are going to be the lucky recipients of Huawei’s latest smartwatch, the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 Pro, valued at $499.
Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio
This Tivoli table-top radio has wonderful sound quality and is well constructed
- Great full-range speaker, room-filling sound, static-free FM tuner
- We wish there was a DAB+ version
The Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio has a brilliant speaker, great looks and a wonderful FM tuner. It's simple and well built, and it's the best table-top radio we've ever heard. We're salivating for the DAB+ version.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
The Tivoli Audio Model One is a table-top FM radio with a single full-range 3in speaker. It's not a particularly advanced radio, lacking DAB+ and any audio streaming features, but it has the best FM tuner we've heard in a radio this size and offers fantastic audio quality.
The design of the Tivoli Audio Model One is exceptional. The wooden case is thick, and a variety of finishes are available. The front panel is simply laid out: there's a volume dial, a switch for FM, AM and auxiliary inputs, and a geared-down AM/FM tuning dial for precise adjustment. The dials and switches feel precise and lend the radio a sense of quality and careful workmanship.
Switching on the Tivoli Audio Model One for the first time, we were expecting good-but not great quality audio. The radio uses the same full-range driver design that we've heard in the recent batch of digital radios such as the OXX Digital Classic DAB+ and the Pure ONE Classic. After putting these radios head to head, however, the difference is night and day. The Model One has a room-filling sound that is rich and warm, without overpowering higher frequencies. Treble detail when listening on-axis is impressive, with fine musical details captured from high quality sources (we used Apple Lossless audio through an Apple iPhone 3GS). A downward firing bass port helps the 3in driver create surprising amounts of expansive mid-bass, which is balanced and impressive throughout the volume range.
Apart from the excellent speaker, the other aspect of the Tivoli Audio Model One that shines through is its excellent FM tuner. Inside a building with several walls between it and open air, the Model One picked up all the stations we searched for, and was consistently static-free and clear even when using the internal aerial. With a dial that makes minute adjustments easy, it's a breeze to select the right station in crowded airwaves.
The Tivoli Audio Model One is a brilliant table-top radio. If you look at it dispassionately, it's expensive and an outdated product. However it has great build quality and excellent sound quality, and its design ensures it feel great to use — making it a product we couldn't help but love. We're keen to see a DAB+ digital radio version when it arrives.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV+ free trial reduced from one year to 3 months
- tvOS 15: Sharing, suggestions, Spatial Audio, and more
- Apple Music to launch Spatial Audio radio station following WWDC keynote
- The Apple TV app is now available on every competing streaming box
- AirPods Pro refresh with high-end fitness features might not arrive until 2022
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?