Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio
This Tivoli table-top radio has wonderful sound quality and is well constructed
- Great full-range speaker, room-filling sound, static-free FM tuner
- We wish there was a DAB+ version
The Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio has a brilliant speaker, great looks and a wonderful FM tuner. It's simple and well built, and it's the best table-top radio we've ever heard. We're salivating for the DAB+ version.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
The Tivoli Audio Model One is a table-top FM radio with a single full-range 3in speaker. It's not a particularly advanced radio, lacking DAB+ and any audio streaming features, but it has the best FM tuner we've heard in a radio this size and offers fantastic audio quality.
The design of the Tivoli Audio Model One is exceptional. The wooden case is thick, and a variety of finishes are available. The front panel is simply laid out: there's a volume dial, a switch for FM, AM and auxiliary inputs, and a geared-down AM/FM tuning dial for precise adjustment. The dials and switches feel precise and lend the radio a sense of quality and careful workmanship.
Switching on the Tivoli Audio Model One for the first time, we were expecting good-but not great quality audio. The radio uses the same full-range driver design that we've heard in the recent batch of digital radios such as the OXX Digital Classic DAB+ and the Pure ONE Classic. After putting these radios head to head, however, the difference is night and day. The Model One has a room-filling sound that is rich and warm, without overpowering higher frequencies. Treble detail when listening on-axis is impressive, with fine musical details captured from high quality sources (we used Apple Lossless audio through an Apple iPhone 3GS). A downward firing bass port helps the 3in driver create surprising amounts of expansive mid-bass, which is balanced and impressive throughout the volume range.
Apart from the excellent speaker, the other aspect of the Tivoli Audio Model One that shines through is its excellent FM tuner. Inside a building with several walls between it and open air, the Model One picked up all the stations we searched for, and was consistently static-free and clear even when using the internal aerial. With a dial that makes minute adjustments easy, it's a breeze to select the right station in crowded airwaves.
The Tivoli Audio Model One is a brilliant table-top radio. If you look at it dispassionately, it's expensive and an outdated product. However it has great build quality and excellent sound quality, and its design ensures it feel great to use — making it a product we couldn't help but love. We're keen to see a DAB+ digital radio version when it arrives.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCUser Experience DesignerSA
- FTSecurity Consultant / Snr Security Consultant - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- TPQuality ManagerQLD
- FTHFC Project Manager (Delivery) - ContractVIC
- FTSenior Applications Specialist - Developer (Cerner)QLD
- FTEPMO Support AnalystWA
- FTAgile Business AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - Aruba/PaloAltoWA
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- FTSoftwares Support AnalystOther
- CCUser Interface DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior React DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- CCService Desk :Team LeadWA
- FTLead Java Developer- DevOpsOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- TPChange ManagerACT