Topaz Labs Adjust
Topaz Adjust offers a quick way to make images more dynamic, by manipulating their exposure, contrast and saturation.
- Excellent preset system, adaptive exposure and saturation sliders for greater effect
- No CMYK, more dramatic effects bring out image noise, Photoshop’s Adjustment panel offers many of the same effects
Topaz Adjust doesn’t offer any creative tools that Photoshop CS4 doesn’t already have, but its swift workflow and more complete preset system allow users to swiftly make their photos ‘pop’.
Price$ 99.99 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Topaz Adjust offers a quick way to make images more dynamic, by manipulating their exposure, contrast and saturation. It doesn’t offer any creative tools that Photoshop CS4 doesn’t already have, but its swift workflow and more complete preset system allow users to swiftly make their photos ‘pop’.
Topaz Adjust has controls spread across five tabs: Presets, Exposure, Details, Colour and Noise. The Presets are the key to Adjust’s usefulness, offering adjustments from the simple Exposure Correction and Mild Color Pop to the dramatic Spicify (see below) and the over-the-top Psychedelic. You can also create your own.
From here, you can tweak exposure, saturation, hue, contrast, brightness, and levels of detail. Exposure and saturation are what Topaz Labs calls ‘adaptive’: the plug-ins divides the image into a number of regions that you select, then adjusts each for more contrast in each effect. You can also work from scratch, ignoring the presets.
Photoshop includes the Adjustment controls to achieve similar effects – though without ‘adaptive’ exposure and saturation. In CS4, Adobe made these controls easier to use through the Adjustments panel. But presets in Photoshop are for individual Adjustments, while Topaz Adjust’s combine parameters.
This means it’s quick to select a preset and then modify settings. Having to enter and work within the Topaz Adjust dialog box is slower than moving sliders in the Adjustment panel, but it works as a Smart Filter and in 16-bit modes (but not CMYK).
The presets make it easier to create dramatic images, though noise can be a problem. The Noise tab accesses noise-reduction technology to reduce this, but it’s not always enough.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Easy Fixes for Six Common Laptop Problems
- Intel kills its standalone Project Alloy VR headset, as PC-powered VR wins out
- AMD Radeon phases out the CrossFire brand as multi-GPU gets more complicated
- Radeon RX Vega graphics cards get 2-way multi-GPU support in Radeon Software 17.9.2
- Creative Sound BlasterX Siege M04 review: This debut mouse impresses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- FTTDM ConsultantOther
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTTransformation SpecialistQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Government OrganizationVIC
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCReporting Analyst/Workforce Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTWireless Solution Architect - 6mth ContractOther
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD