- Great picture quality, Dual tuners
- No HDMI or optical audio connections
Another solid offering from Topfield that does all the basic functions very well, although it lacks some advanced connectivity options.
Price$ 669.00 (AUD)
The TF4400PVRt from Topfield is a good Standard Definition set top box that boasts great picture quality and is easy to use, but only contains an 80GB hard drive. It also lacks advanced connections but for many people this will not pose too great a problem.
The TF4400PVRt is very easy to set-up. The unit scans and finds all available channels and sorts them into television and radio categories in around five minutes. Not the quickest unit we've seen, but it is one of the most thorough. The picture quality across all channels was excellent, and there is no real lag when changing between them. The transparent menu system is easy enough to navigate around and will not pose any problems even for novices.
Recording is straight forward, with the option of one touch or timer recording. Once recording is activated it can either be stopped at the press of a button or programmed to finish at the end of a certain programme or at a specific time. Programs can also be selected to record in advance using the EPG (however, this function is next to useless in Australia as only the next upcoming program is actually listed due to copyright restrictions on the TV guide listings). Editing saved clips is also relatively straight forward with the intuitive menu system lending itself well to this feature.
Two tuners have been included so two programmes can be recorded simultaneously. Alternatively, one can be recorded while you watch another, or the picture-in-picture function can be used. The time shift function works very well with no lag evident when live TV is paused. Once play is pressed an indicator in the top right corner displays how far behind live TV you are, with the option of fast forwarding or simply skipping back to the live signal.
There are a range of connections, but unfortunately USB and optical audio are both omitted. Instead there is a single composite port, an S-video plug, and both S/PDIF and SCART connections. The PVR also comes with three old school video games, including Topfield's version of Pacman, which we thought was a cool addition and kept us entertained for hours.
As with most set top boxes the design on the TF4400PVRt is not particularly inventive, but it is quite serviceable. It comes in a dull silver colour, with grates running along the top. The remote however is well laid out and labelled, adding to the easy to navigate menu system.
Overall, this is a good set top box from Topfield. The hard drive is not overly large and the player lacks some more advanced connections, but the TF4400PVRt is an otherwise efficient product.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Apple confirm $499 HomePod for February 9th launch
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Samsung Gear Sport review: A worthy contender
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- CCInfrastructure Network EngineerVIC
- TPSystems Support AnalystQLD
- FTMobile Developers (Android OR iOS)WA
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther
- CCGraduate Reporting/Monitoring AnalystQLD
- FTMobile Developers (Android OR iOS)WA
- FTField Services EngineerOther
- CCAgile Project ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTSitecore Developer/ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Solution Architect - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSystems Co-ordinatorOther
- CCJunior Analyst (Law Graduate opportunity)NSW
- CCDevops Engineer - AWS and cloud infrastructureVIC
- FTEPMO Support AnalystWA
- CCOperations Support OfficerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- CCRollout EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - 6 Month Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW