Toshiba Satellite A65-P126
- Attractive design, large screen, Wi-Fi switch, good sound from speakers
- Slow, poor battery life, no FireWire
The Toshiba Satellite A65-S126 is slow and lacks bundled software, but it's still a good choice if a big hard drive and big screen top your priority list.
Price$ None (AUD)
The Toshiba Satellite A65-S126 is a great deal for the sheer number of features: a 15" screen, combination DVD/CD-RW drive and a 60GB hard drive.
Though the blue lid is attractive, this notebook's performance could give you a different kind of blues. Equipped with a 2.8GHz Celeron processor and only 256MB of RAM, the A65-S126 earned an anemic PC WorldBench 5 score of 41. By comparison, laptops equipped with the higher-end 1.6-GHz Pentium M processor, earn an average score of roughly 75. Activities that don't tax the processor, such as email and word processing, should work fine on this machine, but the A65-S126 is not your best bet for a heavy workload. Battery life also could have been a lot better--the A65-S126 lasted only two hours in our tests.
But in features and design, the A65-S126 is a good basic laptop. The keyboard lacks extra buttons and scrolling features, but it's extra firm with great feedback. Considering that the A65-S126 has a large screen, it's a shame it lacks a FireWire port for downloading camcorder video, though you wouldn't want to edit video on a laptop with such a slow processor.
Two conveniences you'll like are the Wi-Fi on/off switch and volume wheel. The laptop's speakers are in the corners of the wrist rest, so you won't block them while typing; the stereo sound is fairly loud. Some aspects of the design could have been implemented a little better. The large battery, for instance, is a tad awkward to remove, and the hard drive cover is a loose piece that could be lost. However, we liked the fixed combination drive's prominent eject button. Only one memory slot is accessible for upgrades.
Toshiba provides little in the way of printed documentation, but a nice PDF manual comes preloaded on the hard drive. The only information it's missing is parts labelling, which can be found on its quick-tour sheet.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTServer SupportSA
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTGeneral Manager - Security, Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Network DesignerVIC
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- FTCRM Business Analysis Senior ConsultantOther
- CCDatabase AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- TPData Migration Developer - SalesforceNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC