Toshiba Tecra A7
- Cheap, Powerful
- Nothing of note
Phenomenal performance for its price, yet it still has all the features to justify it as a powerful, secure and durable business machine.
Price$ 2,420.00 (AUD)
The Tecra A7 is a well-featured, desktop replacement notebook featuring Intel's Core Duo T2300 dual-core processor and a 15.4in screen. It has a fairly small footprint of 360 x 267 x 36.8 mm and weighs a light 2.8kgs, making it very mobile. The Tecra's specifications are powerful and its price is affordable - it's the first Centrino Duo notebook to feature in the sub-$2500 notebook chart.
Performance wise, running PC WorldBench 5 and 3DMark 2001SE it delivered the highest scores in its price category (86 and 12899 respectively). Running the game FEAR, it averaged 21fps on high graphics settings, and 48fps when detail settings were optimised.
The Tecra's build is very sturdy and includes a spill-resistant keyboard. Motion sensors on the hard drive are able to return the drive heads to a parked position in periods of erratic movement. Biometric security has also been implemented through a fingerprint scanner, and the Trusted Protection Module (TPM) (available on this model) can be implemented for improved security in corporate environments. Add in Toshiba's assist management software, and you can easily manage the notebook's features.
The Tecra A7 is missing a webcam and a built-in microphone. While these are becoming common features in notebook PCs, the Tecra A7's security and build quality make up for this omission.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Software EngineerSA
- TPIT Storage EngineerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCDatapower DeveloperACT
- TPInformatica SpecialistQLD
- CCSharePoint ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- CCRequirements AnalystACT
- FTSharePoint O365 - Application SupportOther
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterWA
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Agile experienceACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Global MarketsOther
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- FTNetwork Engineers IMS Platform and HLR\HSS systems experienceOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCJava DevelopersVIC