Tune Up Utilities 2006
- Single, simple interface, Ease of Use, Speed, Convenience factor
- A little pricey
It’s a tad expensive for what it offers, but its convenience and speed ensure this might be a worthwhile investment.
Price$ 55.95 (AUD)
PCs are complicated animals, mysterious and daunting to inexperienced users. TuneUp Utilities 2006 aims to take the hassle out of maintaining a healthy system. It does so with some panache.
TuneUp's main plus point is ease of use. Most of its functions can be achieved with a little computer know how and a handful of free, downloadable applications - there's a selection here. But getting down and dirty with your PC's Registry or changing its hard disk's boot order are not tasks that will appeal to ingenues - TuneUp Utilities 2006 makes such essential housekeeping simple.
As well as taking care of the Registry, this program can restore deleted files or ensure that binned documents are overwritten forever. It cleans up your RAM, defrags your hard disk and customises the look of your PC's operating system. All from a single interface.
The software installs smoothly and right from the very beginning, the ease of use factor is entirely clear. From the start you can choose to analyse and optimise your PC's performance, scan for problems then fix them - if you're able to resist turning all those nasty red crosses into lovely green ticks, you are stronger than we are. You can schedule any of TuneUp's functions to run unattended; ideal for those who aren't always in front of their PC. It's difficult to assess with any accuracy the impact of such pruning on a PC's performance but, after a heavy dose of TuneUp tune-ups, our creaking test system seemed a lot happier with life. And everything we asked Utilities to do, it did quickly.
TuneUp Utilities 2006 puts into a simple a single, interface everything you need to keep your PC running smoothly. But computer-savvy readers may already take care of many of the tasks Utilities handles, and the convenience this program offers isn't cheap either.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTSOE Architect - Gold CoastQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTSystem AdministratorACT
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTPrint Sales Manager - Geelong basedOther
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- FTIT Systems Administrator - Multiple Positions!Other
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - ServiceNowOther
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCService Delivery AnalystVIC
- CCSIAM Governance ManagerNSW