UK's Kalender is a free, no-frills, simple-to-use calendar and scheduling program
- Free, portable version available
- Doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, won't synch with online calendars
A useful if limited calendar and scheduling program, UK's Kalender is well worth a look.
Using UK's Kalender you'll be able to easily set up single events or recurring events, as well as colour code them and add unique icons to make it easy to recognise them. The program includes holidays, so that you won't need to enter them yourself; they'll already be scheduled in.
You can also assign each event to a category, and then search for events using categories or via a text search, so that it's easy to find any scheduled event. There are also some nice touches here, such as a reporting capability that will show you the number of times you scheduled certain event. You also get alarms, and multiple ways you get to view your calendar, including weekly, fortnightly (a two-week view), monthly, or annually. There's also a useful to-do list creator.
If you're looking for something beyond basic, though, you'll want to look elsewhere. UK's Kalender doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, and it won't synch with online calendars such as Google Calendar. And if you get invitations via email, you won't be able to import them into the program.
However, if you don't need those capabilities, you'll find UK's Kalender a straightforward calendaring program worth the download. Now there's also a version of this program designed to work with removable drives such as USB drives so that you can take your calendar with you when using PCs other than your main one.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTSenior PHP Developer/Team LeaderNSW
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- TPProject Manager - Student Management SystemVIC
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTPractice Director Quality Assurance – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraOther