Ulead CD and DVD Pictureshow 4.0
- Great interface
- Photo editing options could be better
This is intuitive, affordable software. Frankly, if you can’t make an entertaining slideshow using PictureShow, it might be time to review your picture-taking policy.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Digital cameras are great, but how best to use all those images? There's been an explosion in the affordable photo-printer market and you can get your snaps printed online, or you can display pictures on handheld devices such as MP3 players. So far, so dull.
But with the help of PictureShow 4.0 from Ulead, you can present your holiday snaps on the good old telly. And you can do so with such panache that you even may be able to convince your colleagues they are worth a look.
PictureShow creates slideshows from photos and video clips. Once you've set output options, the process works in three simple stages. First is "Organise". Point the software at your images, make tweaks and arrange your pictures. ExpressFix, PictureShow's integral photo editor, is no Photoshop killer, but it covers the basics.
Next, you "Theme" your project, selecting from headings such as "Vacations", "Special Events" and "Fantasyland". There are useable defaults so you can throw together a good-looking slideshow in minutes, but every aspect is customisable.
When you're happy with your masterpiece, go to Burn. You can save to a optical disc, your hard disk or both. You can also include the original image files, so you could send granny a slideshow to watch on TV, along with individual pictures for her to print out.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
- Google Assistant branches out, supporting third-party hardware and smarter features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTChange & Release ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ProductsNSW
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- CCApplication PackagerSA
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC