Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5.0
- User-friendly Interface, Ad-Zapper Tool, Templates
- No Blu-Ray Support
DVD MovieFactory performs its tasks well and with a minimum of fuss. Its definitely worth a look.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
In the same way that countless home-makeover programs have ensured that every house must be in tiptop shape before it can be sold, the combination of today's supercharged PCs and sophisticated software means that our photos and home movies must look almost as polished as those of professionals.
Not that this should bother those who buy MovieFactory - this program offers a user-friendly interface and the promise of a highly professional end product.
MovieFactory's remit is wide-ranging, but the clean menu system is designed to let you tap into its features. And it has many nice touches. For example, contents can be copied to a disc without the need for a temporary storage device, while the trim facilities make it easy to narrow down video to just the crucial bits. Even more invaluable is the Ad-Zapper tool, which automatically detects and removes commercials.
Videos can be automatically enhanced and recordings made when you're away from the PC. There's a huge collection of templates and the range of transition effects seamlessly link sections together.
MovieFactory can work with HD (high-definition) camcorders, but it's not all good news on this front. Ulead has already had to back-pedal on its claims for next-gen DVD formats, having been forced to remove its support for Blu-ray. Nonetheless, MovieFactory continues to offer compatibility with HD-DVD. Unfortunately, since such devices are not yet available, we were unable to verify this claim.
DVD MovieFactory isn't an expensive package and what it does, it does well - and with considerable ease of use. We've yet to see how it'll work with next-gen equipment, but it's definitely worth the gamble.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - CRMQLD
- FTAPI Developer / Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTScheduler - CommunicationsOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystVIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerVIC
- FTLead Land Access Coordinator - UrgentOther
- TPTechnical AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- TPBusiness Program Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- CCService Integration and Delivery Manager- SIAMNSW