IoT botnets have been known for quite a while, but they gained household infamy after Mirai grabbed the headlines back in 2016.
Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5.0
- User-friendly Interface, Ad-Zapper Tool, Templates
- No Blu-Ray Support
DVD MovieFactory performs its tasks well and with a minimum of fuss. Its definitely worth a look.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
In the same way that countless home-makeover programs have ensured that every house must be in tiptop shape before it can be sold, the combination of today's supercharged PCs and sophisticated software means that our photos and home movies must look almost as polished as those of professionals.
Not that this should bother those who buy MovieFactory - this program offers a user-friendly interface and the promise of a highly professional end product.
MovieFactory's remit is wide-ranging, but the clean menu system is designed to let you tap into its features. And it has many nice touches. For example, contents can be copied to a disc without the need for a temporary storage device, while the trim facilities make it easy to narrow down video to just the crucial bits. Even more invaluable is the Ad-Zapper tool, which automatically detects and removes commercials.
Videos can be automatically enhanced and recordings made when you're away from the PC. There's a huge collection of templates and the range of transition effects seamlessly link sections together.
MovieFactory can work with HD (high-definition) camcorders, but it's not all good news on this front. Ulead has already had to back-pedal on its claims for next-gen DVD formats, having been forced to remove its support for Blu-ray. Nonetheless, MovieFactory continues to offer compatibility with HD-DVD. Unfortunately, since such devices are not yet available, we were unable to verify this claim.
DVD MovieFactory isn't an expensive package and what it does, it does well - and with considerable ease of use. We've yet to see how it'll work with next-gen equipment, but it's definitely worth the gamble.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- Opinion: Is Microsoft already killing off Windows 7?
- Google bring SMS to PCs with Android Messages for Desktop
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?