Ulead Photoimpact 10
PhotoImpact 10 attempts to keep ahead of the consumer image editing pack with a suite of graphic tools to satisfy those wishing to get creative with their photo collection.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
Ulead PhotoImpact 10 provides some strong tools for digital still camera users, as well as refinements to existing tools. However, the most noteworthy improvement to the latest version is the interface, bringing pallet and menu controls into line with other graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0.
Working with your image collections is now easier due to a separation of the Browse Manager from the Layer Manager. This allows you to follow the standard Windows convention for selecting files such as "drag and drop" on to the workspace and multiple file selections. The dockable panels have also replaced previous floating pallets, giving the interface more of a Photoshop look and feel.
An improved red-eye tool allows you to select multiple eyes, saving time and keeping the effect more consistent, while the editable smart lasso selection is useful when you need to precisely select an image area for editing. On the workflow side, an improved preview pane, with split windows showing a before-and-after shot, is better than the previous solution whereby you had to go through with the effect and revert if you were not satisfied.
Along with general HTML text support, you also get several Web page templates to help build a page with a few clicks. The program also supports Web safe colours, so your images have uniform colour across any browser. Current PhotoImpact users will be disappointed that GIF Animator 5.0, bundled with PhotoImpact 10, has still not changed from previous versions. So if you are looking at an upgrade to version 10 for the Web tools, don't bother. PhotoImpact 10 continues to develop with incremental feature upgrades to keep pace with the competition.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Storage AdministratorACT
- FTDeveloper - PERLOther
- CCData Migration LeadVIC
- TPPrincipal Solution Architect | CloudQLD
- TPEL2 Informatica SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantOther
- FTInside Sales Representative - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSQL Database AdministratorWA
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTDeveloper - PERLOther
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- FTSQL Developer / Data AnalystOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - based in PerthWA
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- TPProject Manager. Software Service.NSW
- CCData Migration LeadACT
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- FTDigital Developer - Back endVIC
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW