Ulead Photoimpact 10
PhotoImpact 10 attempts to keep ahead of the consumer image editing pack with a suite of graphic tools to satisfy those wishing to get creative with their photo collection.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
Ulead PhotoImpact 10 provides some strong tools for digital still camera users, as well as refinements to existing tools. However, the most noteworthy improvement to the latest version is the interface, bringing pallet and menu controls into line with other graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0.
Working with your image collections is now easier due to a separation of the Browse Manager from the Layer Manager. This allows you to follow the standard Windows convention for selecting files such as "drag and drop" on to the workspace and multiple file selections. The dockable panels have also replaced previous floating pallets, giving the interface more of a Photoshop look and feel.
An improved red-eye tool allows you to select multiple eyes, saving time and keeping the effect more consistent, while the editable smart lasso selection is useful when you need to precisely select an image area for editing. On the workflow side, an improved preview pane, with split windows showing a before-and-after shot, is better than the previous solution whereby you had to go through with the effect and revert if you were not satisfied.
Along with general HTML text support, you also get several Web page templates to help build a page with a few clicks. The program also supports Web safe colours, so your images have uniform colour across any browser. Current PhotoImpact users will be disappointed that GIF Animator 5.0, bundled with PhotoImpact 10, has still not changed from previous versions. So if you are looking at an upgrade to version 10 for the Web tools, don't bother. PhotoImpact 10 continues to develop with incremental feature upgrades to keep pace with the competition.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTAccount Manager (Healthcare & Aged Care)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, CX Journey Improvement, TelcoNSW
- FTPrint Sales Manager - Geelong basedOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTCore Lead ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)Other
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- CCIT Security ArchitectNSW