Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Ulead Photoimpact 10
PhotoImpact 10 attempts to keep ahead of the consumer image editing pack with a suite of graphic tools to satisfy those wishing to get creative with their photo collection.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
Ulead PhotoImpact 10 provides some strong tools for digital still camera users, as well as refinements to existing tools. However, the most noteworthy improvement to the latest version is the interface, bringing pallet and menu controls into line with other graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0.
Working with your image collections is now easier due to a separation of the Browse Manager from the Layer Manager. This allows you to follow the standard Windows convention for selecting files such as "drag and drop" on to the workspace and multiple file selections. The dockable panels have also replaced previous floating pallets, giving the interface more of a Photoshop look and feel.
An improved red-eye tool allows you to select multiple eyes, saving time and keeping the effect more consistent, while the editable smart lasso selection is useful when you need to precisely select an image area for editing. On the workflow side, an improved preview pane, with split windows showing a before-and-after shot, is better than the previous solution whereby you had to go through with the effect and revert if you were not satisfied.
Along with general HTML text support, you also get several Web page templates to help build a page with a few clicks. The program also supports Web safe colours, so your images have uniform colour across any browser. Current PhotoImpact users will be disappointed that GIF Animator 5.0, bundled with PhotoImpact 10, has still not changed from previous versions. So if you are looking at an upgrade to version 10 for the Web tools, don't bother. PhotoImpact 10 continues to develop with incremental feature upgrades to keep pace with the competition.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject Manager, Capital WorksNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - JuniperWA
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTMedication Management Support - PermanentQLD
- TPTechnical Support ResourceVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCPega Systems Architects/DevelopersACT
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Multiple rolesOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP ABAP (CRM)/ UI5 DevelopersOther
- FTAWS AdministratorOther
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk SupportVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- FTSenior Project Managers (Multiple roles)Other
- TPDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD