Ulead VideoStudio 10 Plus
- Simple, Some nice features
- Nothing of note
VideoStudio 10 Plus’ simplicity is its strongest point, but this doesn’t mean that it’s not a match for any other consumer editor currently on the market. If you’re new to video and haven’t got an editor, this is one of the best available.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Ulead's VideoStudio has always been a good choice for the novice video editor, and the latest version is no exception. As well as new features that bring it in line with its competitors, version 10 adds tools that will be well-received by the home video enthusiast.
Playing the same game as Pinnacle/Avid, Ulead (now merged with Intervideo) is releasing two versions: VideoStudio 10, and the Plus version reviewed here. Both look the same, but the latter now supports up to seven video tracks and HD video formats. This gives you greater creative scope in your projects and closes the performance gap between VideoStudio and editors like Adobe Premiere Elements and Vegas MovieStudio.
Other new tools include a reasonably effective stabilisation filter for shaky footage and a waveform view for tweaking your audio. More useful, perhaps, is the same smart proxy mode found in MediaStudio Pro, which lets you edit footage from HDV camcorders on a less-capable system. Unlike the surround sound in most consumer editors, VideoStudio 10 Plus also includes fully-fledged 5.1 Dolby Digital encoding, with a simple front end allowing you to set audio locations and balance for separate audio tracks.
One of Ulead's strengths has always been format support, and VideoStudio 10 Plus is no exception. As well as adding h.264 support for PSP and iPod video export formats, this editor now lets you import digital TV (DVB-t) recordings from your tuner card or Windows MCE. This enables another new feature, which is the ability to automatically detect and remove advert breaks from these recordings. However, we only found this feature to be hit and miss, requiring manual intervention to get them all.
There are a couple of new effects to play with, plus some new DVD templates, but the most eye-catching addition is the DVD transition, which creates motion segues between menus and content on your DVDs. Early adopters should also note that high-definition DVD burning (MPEG-2 HD/WMV-HD) is supported out of the box - the first editor we've seen that does this.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTClient Services OfficerOther
- FTBusiness Delivery Project Manager, Digital, AdvertisingOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - InfrastructureVIC
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- FTINCIDENT MANAGEROther
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTFront end developer/designerNSW
- FTIntegration Manager - (Oracle Fusion Middle ware)ACT
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTData Migration LeadOther
- CCPMO Resource ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PaymentsVIC
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC