Ulead VideoStudio 10 Plus
- Simple, Some nice features
- Nothing of note
VideoStudio 10 Plus’ simplicity is its strongest point, but this doesn’t mean that it’s not a match for any other consumer editor currently on the market. If you’re new to video and haven’t got an editor, this is one of the best available.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Ulead's VideoStudio has always been a good choice for the novice video editor, and the latest version is no exception. As well as new features that bring it in line with its competitors, version 10 adds tools that will be well-received by the home video enthusiast.
Playing the same game as Pinnacle/Avid, Ulead (now merged with Intervideo) is releasing two versions: VideoStudio 10, and the Plus version reviewed here. Both look the same, but the latter now supports up to seven video tracks and HD video formats. This gives you greater creative scope in your projects and closes the performance gap between VideoStudio and editors like Adobe Premiere Elements and Vegas MovieStudio.
Other new tools include a reasonably effective stabilisation filter for shaky footage and a waveform view for tweaking your audio. More useful, perhaps, is the same smart proxy mode found in MediaStudio Pro, which lets you edit footage from HDV camcorders on a less-capable system. Unlike the surround sound in most consumer editors, VideoStudio 10 Plus also includes fully-fledged 5.1 Dolby Digital encoding, with a simple front end allowing you to set audio locations and balance for separate audio tracks.
One of Ulead's strengths has always been format support, and VideoStudio 10 Plus is no exception. As well as adding h.264 support for PSP and iPod video export formats, this editor now lets you import digital TV (DVB-t) recordings from your tuner card or Windows MCE. This enables another new feature, which is the ability to automatically detect and remove advert breaks from these recordings. However, we only found this feature to be hit and miss, requiring manual intervention to get them all.
There are a couple of new effects to play with, plus some new DVD templates, but the most eye-catching addition is the DVD transition, which creates motion segues between menus and content on your DVDs. Early adopters should also note that high-definition DVD burning (MPEG-2 HD/WMV-HD) is supported out of the box - the first editor we've seen that does this.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- FTProcurement AdvisorACT
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- FTChange Manager, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- FTSAP CRM/UI5/Online Systems AnalystOther
- FTSenior Telecommunications RiggerOther
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Commercial LeadOther
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther