V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones
A heavy-duty V-Moda headphone set for DJs and the fashion conscious
- Comfortable, attractive design, good bass
- Expensive, audio lacks depth
The V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are dub-heavy and exceptionally comfortable. They're real lookers and are just the thing for dance and rock tracks with lots of bass. You may end up with a headache after prolonged use, but you probably won't want to stop using them.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
From the biker-style silver chevrons adorning the exterior to the cushioned leather interior, the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are anything but ordinary. Even then the headstrap has a subtle snakeskin effect.
Part fashion item (V-Moda also has a successful clothing range), part DJ wear, the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones have serious attitude. Their flexible headstrap enables them to be used with one ear on the tune while with the other you mix in the next track
The V-Moda Crossfade LP design has been designed to withstand assaults on the headstrap, cable attachments and the arms holding the earpieces in place. They shouldn't break. It's fairly certain the cord that acts as a cable won't break either. You could lasso an ox with it. You can also run it over and not impede playback from the headphones.
We spent two weeks running it over with an office chair we were sitting on, with no discernible degradation and no hint of a tangle. Try the same with a cable and you'll have a mangled mess.
The heavy-duty credentials of the V-Moda Crossfade LP extend, of course, to the sound. Bass fans will find them anything but disappointing.
The insistent beats of Gaga's 'Bad Romance' came through good and strong, with accompanying treble reverberating in the best possible way. However, they can also do subtle reasonably well, should you be in mellower mood, as we found when we cued up Midlake's complex but understated The Courage Of Others album on our iPhone.
Faced with a mixture of thumping beats and lighter tones, however, we found the V-Moda Crossfade LP lacking a little depth - not good given the $349 price tag.
These are 'passive isolation' headphones rather than noise-cancelling ones, so you won't block out all the sounds around you unless you really crank things up. Usefully, V-Moda packs in an inline microphone and track play/pause button so you can take calls from your iPhone. The Kevlar cord also comes with adapters for a hi-fi, iPhone or laptop headphone connector.
The whole V-Moda Crossfade LP caboodle comes in a highly unusual snakeskin-clad moulded plastic casing with a dust cloth with which to clean nasty fingerprints off those distinctive silver shields.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
- CES 2018: Jabra Announces Third-Gen of True Wireless Earbuds
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security - Operational TechnologyOther
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- CCSharePoint / Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTGenesys ConsultantACT
- FTApplications SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- CCServer Support Specialist ? Performance and Capacity ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTAPS 6 Scrum MasterACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant/Snr Security ConsultantVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTPower BI DeveloperOther
- CCSAP HR TrainerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Project OfficerOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC