V-Moda Vibe DUO
Noise isolation in style
- Style and design, in-line microphone and call button, fabric-wrapped cable, different sized ear buds, included case
- No foam buds included
For anyone with an iPhone, the Vibe DUO headphones are certainly a viable option. Given their price, the sound produced should impress most people.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
A smash hit for the Apple Store in the US when released for the original iPhone, V-Moda's Vibe headphones quickly gained popularity thanks to their stylish design and a headphone jack purpose-built to fit the iPhone's recessed slot. Although the [[prodid:5821] has a regular headphone jack, the Vibe DUO headphones are still a great choice thanks to a built-in microphone to handle voice calls.
The Vibe DUO headphones certainly look the part and they are one of the most stylish pairs we've reviewed. They're available in a range of colours; our review unit was "nero" — black and chrome metal finished with a fabric wrapped cable featuring a shirt clip and an all-metal headphone jack connector. They are also available in combinations of red/black and chrome/black.
As these are noise-isolating headphones, V-Moda has included three different sized rubber fittings to create the best seal possible in your ear and ensure maximum comfort. In addition, they have included two different colours (black and clear). There aren't any foam fittings included in the sales package, which may disappoint those who prefer them over rubber ones. However, you can purchase specific V-Moda foam fittings online should you wish.
The fact that they are in-ear headphones means they offer the benefit of noise cancellation. With the right fit, the DUOs succeed in blocking out a large amount of background noise, so they are perfect for a train or car trip. Be warned though, these aren't the ideal headphones to be using when walking down the street, as you won't be able to hear traffic.
To handle voice calls, there is an in-line microphone and a call-handling button, which allows you to answer and reject incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music dims and your ring tone plays through the headphones. A simple press of the button answers the call. The button can also be used to control music playback — simply press the button once to play or pause the current track, or twice to skip to the next track.
V-Moda says it uses 'V-Masque' — a technology which it says offers 'high-definition clarity' and a 3-D soundstage. While we wouldn't go that far in describing the clarity of these headphones, the sound produced is fairly notable given the asking price. In particular, we were impressed with bass levels, which are certainly evident but not overpowering. Clarity is solid, and detail, particularly in complex riffs, is fairly notable though not outstanding. We were able to hear the individual elements of particular instruments when listening to various tunes, though some sound was lost on more complex pieces. Overall, the sound produced won't impress audiophiles, but most people should be pleased.
A key point to note is that despite turning up the volume to levels higher than you should normally be listening at, there was no evidence of distortion and the sound doesn't become painful.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- The Oppo Find X3 Pro gets Android 12 trial
- Felix Mobile launches its Refer a Friend offer
- Huawei campaign offers extended warranty and cloud storage
- The Nokia G10, a mid-range phone with a large battery, lands in Australia
- Oppo’s trade-in program could give you up to $700 toward your new smartphone
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- The best Amazon Prime Day laptop deals for Australia
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?