Viewmaster Portiva 5z70
- Good features and performance
- Nothing noteworthy
A great value multimedia machine, the 5z70 provides a DVD writer, wireless networking and graphics grunt at a competitive price.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
The powerful 5z70 may use the now older, original Centrino platform, but that doesn't stop it being good value for money. The Portiva is originally manufactured by ASUStek in Taiwan (as the Z7000 series) and then rebadged by Hallmark.
Hallmark has done well to choose this model, as it has solid battery life at a fairly minimal weight. The 1.6GHz Intel Pentium M processor is matched with 512MB DDR SDRAM, a 40GB hard disk (with under-chassis shock protection) and a modular multiformat DVD writer.
The 15.4" display is powered by an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller, and achieved very high ratings in our 3D graphics tests.
You're provided with a VGA-out for an external monitor as well as an S-Video TV-out port. Networking is catered for through the inclusion of 802.11b/g wireless networking, Gigabit Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem.
You can also play back CDs without having to boot into Windows (playback controls are on the left), as well as read SecureDigital, Memory Stick/PRO and MultiMediaCards--great if you're a fan of MP3 players or digital cameras.
Hallmark backs up its product with a two-year, next business day, parts and labour warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution Architect **Telecommunications Products** $800 per dayOther
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Integration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCLevel 1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- FTHelpdesk / Support AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst- Data Analytics backgroundOther
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTDomain ArchitectOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCLead Service DesignerACT
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- CCCommunications Business Analyst - LTE / 4G / 3GWA
- TPTest Automation ProgrammerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTTransport EngineerOther