Viewmaster Portiva 5z70
- Good features and performance
- Nothing noteworthy
A great value multimedia machine, the 5z70 provides a DVD writer, wireless networking and graphics grunt at a competitive price.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
The powerful 5z70 may use the now older, original Centrino platform, but that doesn't stop it being good value for money. The Portiva is originally manufactured by ASUStek in Taiwan (as the Z7000 series) and then rebadged by Hallmark.
Hallmark has done well to choose this model, as it has solid battery life at a fairly minimal weight. The 1.6GHz Intel Pentium M processor is matched with 512MB DDR SDRAM, a 40GB hard disk (with under-chassis shock protection) and a modular multiformat DVD writer.
The 15.4" display is powered by an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller, and achieved very high ratings in our 3D graphics tests.
You're provided with a VGA-out for an external monitor as well as an S-Video TV-out port. Networking is catered for through the inclusion of 802.11b/g wireless networking, Gigabit Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem.
You can also play back CDs without having to boot into Windows (playback controls are on the left), as well as read SecureDigital, Memory Stick/PRO and MultiMediaCards--great if you're a fan of MP3 players or digital cameras.
Hallmark backs up its product with a two-year, next business day, parts and labour warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- HP double down on premium style for modern workforce PCs
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTest Analyst - SitecoreNSW
- FTBusiness Process BAOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role) - Adelaide BasedSA
- CCJunior Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCOffice365 SpecialistNSW
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- CCData Warehouse Architect - Start JUNE 18QLD
- FTWireless Consulting EngineerNSW
- FTCyber Security Solution ArchitectOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / ArchitectVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Ticketing Support - Office365 / ExchangeOther
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPSenior Technical Analyst - Oracle PeopleSoftQLD
- FTChange Manager OCMOther
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- FTSenior SQL Server DBANSW