- Highly adjustable, advanced options
- Poor motion quality
The screen quality makes the VP171b one of ViewSonic's less impressive performers.
Price$ 880.00 (AUD)
With physical adjustments including tilt, height, and swivel, ViewSonic's VP171b is comfortable to work with. Along with a pivoting screen--handy for scrutinizing full pages of letter-size text documents--the VP171b comes with Perfect Portrait, ViewSonic's version of Portrait Displays' PivotPro screen rotation software. Thanks to a thin bezel, the VP171b also works neatly in a dual-monitor setup.
In our display quality tests, the VP171b didn't stand out, producing results that were typical of a mid-range LCD monitor. We had trouble reading a line of soft grey type on our Microsoft Word test screen, and noted a pink screen cast, which may have contributed to the display's so-so graphics performance.
Despite ViewSonic's claims of an 8-millisecond response time--the fastest available--the VP171b only produced average results on our motion tests. It didn't look any better than many 17" monitors with slower vendor-specified response times (up to 25ms).
The menus are easy to navigate and full of advanced options; we wish, though, that ViewSonic would make bigger, easier-to-read screen adjustment buttons.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPBusiness & Change AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Support / Service Desk - Mount DruittOther
- FTSAP Finance Project ManagerOther
- CCMigration SpecialistVIC
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCData Migration LeadVIC
- CCBack End DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- TPSpecialist TechnicianVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- TPICT Manager | Business SystemsVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTPresales Project ManagerOther
- TPSCCM - Windows 10ACT
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User Computing - MobilityOther
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther