- Monitor sharing, physical adjustment abilities
- Nothing in particular
The ViewSonic VP191b's image quality is sufficient for basic office tasks, and it offers software and physical adjustments that are unexpected at this price.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's venerable 19" VP191b continues to hold its own against newer LCD models. Its image quality is competent but not extraordinarily good, falling into the middle ranks of current models. We found the display's balance generally pleasing, though the screen seemed slightly dim at the default settings.
Vendors report response time in different ways. Some clock the inter-grey (also called grey-to-grey) response time, while others record the white-to-black-to-white (also called rise-and-fall) response time. The VP191b's reported response time of 8 milliseconds refers to its inter-grey response time. Its black-to-white response time is 20 milliseconds. When we ran motion tests on the VP191b, its performance was average.
A few features set the VP191b apart from other monitors in its price range, and make it a good choice for an office setting. This monitor includes ports for one digital (DVI) and two analog (VGA) inputs, giving you options for sharing the monitor between two PCs. You can lock the on-screen display controls, ensuring that other users can't fiddle with the monitor's settings.
In addition to tilt, swivel and height adjustments, the VP191b has the ability to pivot from landscape to portrait mode (a boon for viewing long documents or Web pages). On an accompanying CD, ViewSonic adds software for screen pivoting; this bonus makes the monitor's moderate price an even better deal.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTData Centre Systems EngineerOther
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneVIC
- FTChange Manager- Rail / Fleet MaintenanceOther
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTDevOps Engineer - Supply ChainOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- CCPHP DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- FTRelease Manager (Software Configuration)ACT
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD