- Excellent ergonomic adjustments, 4ms response time
- Text not crisp
The VP720b is a fairly good monitor for displaying graphics but is let down when reading text.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's VP720b is well suited for an office, offering various ergonomic adjustments and the option of wall mounting. Its image quality, however, was a mixed bag.
The VP720b performed better in our graphics tests than it did in our text tests. We noted the display's impressive rendering of fine colors in our test color scale and our photo of a fruit tart. But in a Microsoft Word document, we found that the VP720b seemed inconsistent - letters lacked crispness, though icons looked sharp.
A solid-footed monitor is always a plus in our book, and the VP720b delivers in spades in that regard. It can tilt, swivel, height-adjust, and pivot with the best of them, while the steady base keeping the screen firmly in place.
The VP720b claims a 4-millisecond response time. Screens with lower response times should in theory deliver smoother movement with less motion artifacting, but our real-world motion tests detected no discernable difference in motion quality between this display and products with 8ms or even 12ms response times.
You access a fairly straightforward set of screen adjustments via the display's front-mounted buttons. Software drivers and documentation are included on a CD. The monitor's manual installs itself on your PC as an Adobe Acrobat file.
The VP720b shines when displaying graphics, and a wealth of adjustments add to its appeal.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTDatabase ConsultantOther
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTMEAN Stack DeveloperACT
- FTMobile/ Web (PHP) DeveloperNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTSenior Technical / Team LeadOther
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - POS/DesktopOther
- FTSecurity Business AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- CCVMWare Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- FTIT Senior Change AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT
- FTUI / UX Lead DesignerQLD
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther