- Excellent ergonomic adjustments, 4ms response time
- Text not crisp
The VP720b is a fairly good monitor for displaying graphics but is let down when reading text.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's VP720b is well suited for an office, offering various ergonomic adjustments and the option of wall mounting. Its image quality, however, was a mixed bag.
The VP720b performed better in our graphics tests than it did in our text tests. We noted the display's impressive rendering of fine colors in our test color scale and our photo of a fruit tart. But in a Microsoft Word document, we found that the VP720b seemed inconsistent - letters lacked crispness, though icons looked sharp.
A solid-footed monitor is always a plus in our book, and the VP720b delivers in spades in that regard. It can tilt, swivel, height-adjust, and pivot with the best of them, while the steady base keeping the screen firmly in place.
The VP720b claims a 4-millisecond response time. Screens with lower response times should in theory deliver smoother movement with less motion artifacting, but our real-world motion tests detected no discernable difference in motion quality between this display and products with 8ms or even 12ms response times.
You access a fairly straightforward set of screen adjustments via the display's front-mounted buttons. Software drivers and documentation are included on a CD. The monitor's manual installs itself on your PC as an Adobe Acrobat file.
The VP720b shines when displaying graphics, and a wealth of adjustments add to its appeal.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTClient EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst Guidewire QLD
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTHR Project Officer (Workforce Planning)Other
- TPService Desk AnalystACT
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI StackNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- FTRobotics & AI ConsultantOther
- FTIT Field Services ManagerOther
- CCProcess AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCData ArchitectNSW