- Outstanding image detail, high quality performance
- Slightly limited viewing angle, poor colour transition
Only the most demanding and professional users will be able to fault the VP730b. Its image quality and performance recommend it as one of the best LCD Monitors we’ve reviewed.
Price$ 529.00 (AUD)
The VP730b 17" LCD monitor is a member of the ViewSonic 'Pro Series', the company's high end range marketed specifically to professional users.While we found the VP730b to be less than perfect, it is still an outstanding LCD monitor that delivers incredible performance across a huge range of applications.
In our opinion, image quality is exceptional on the this monitor and the quality remains exceptional across the entire 17 inches of the display. Images and text remain sharp and well defined from the centre to all four corners, and during our tests we were unable to detect any noticeable differences in luminance or image detail towards the extremities of the screen. Colours were rich and vibrant, and maintained a strong consistency across the entire display. Various hues appeared deep and well defined; each one visibly independent and separate.
Despite a relatively low contrast ratio (500:1), the monitor produced a very respectable range of blacks when fully configured. Only the darkest blacks were indistinguishable from a pure black background, and through careful calibration of the contrast and brightness settings, we were able to achieve an impressively detailed range of greys.
Even with this impressive image quality, however, the VP730b is let down slightly by its performance. While its 8ms response time handled grey-to-grey transitions incredibly well, we were a little disappointed with noticeable distortions when cycling through colours. Apart from this minor detraction, the Viewsonic performed incredibly well in our tests, with little to no ghosting, even in fast moving action packed movies. Although ViewSonic claims a 140 degree viewing angle, we did notice colour shift at about ninety degrees, and by 140, colours were clearly distorted.
ViewSonic's Pro Series design is one of the VP730b's most impressive features. A solid black stand supports the screen, which is able to be raised, lowered, and rotated to suit the viewer's needs. The display itself can also be turned 90 degrees, allowing users to view their work in portrait format, as well as landscape. The on screen display (OSD) provides a suitable range of options, including colour temperature, contrast/brightness, and image selection. Two D-SUB ports and a single DVI connector make up the connection options; more than enough for most serious users, but serious professionals may be a little disappointed by the lack of an extra DVI or USB connector.
Nevertheless, the ViewSonic VP730b is an outstanding monitor by any standards. High end users may find it slightly lacking in one or two specific areas, but for regular users, ViewSonic's VP730b represents an exceptional visual experience, offering outstanding performance in nearly every area. Its combination of professional design and standout functionality make it a highly recommended display for those who can afford it.
Join the newsletter!
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPrincipal Solution Architect ? Healthcare InfrastructureQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TP.NET Developer - ContractWA
- FTSenior Project MangerOther
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPProgram CoordinatorQLD
- FTAccount Security Manager - Permanent - Sydney RegionNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- CCNetwork Security EngineerVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- CCSenior MS SQL DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager | PCIQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCAcceptance TesterNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCCisco Test SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTIT Forensics and Fraud Technical LeadOther
- FTOracle Database Engineer - EXADATAOther
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTSenior SQL Server DBANSW
- FTSenior ETL DeveloperOther