- Solid design, Reasonable performance, Good price
- Screen too dim
The VX2025m is not the best monitor on the market but it is definitely great value.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Think you can't afford a 20-inch wide-screen monitor? Consider the moderately priced ViewSonic VX2025wm. You'll find 19-inch regular-format monitors that cost more. However, at the same time, you'll find little to draw you to the VX2025wm beyond the screen.
The panel of the VX2025wm, enveloped in a black bezel, sits on a black-and-silver stand with a rectangular cutout. Rubber pads on the bottom of the stand prevent it from slipping. It's a nice-looking monitor, if not as gorgeous as Acer's Ferrari F-20. The VX2025wm forgoes the entertainment-friendly inputs that other 20-inch wide-screens offer. Tilt is its only physical adjustment; We would have liked to see height adjustment as well.
Like most ViewSonic products, the VX2025wm uses cryptic symbols on its screen control buttons. However, the buttons are easy to read, and the menus they summon are very easy to follow. The VX2025wm's documentation, more complete than that of most in its competitive set, include useful explanations for some commonly unexplained settings, such as the colour temperature settings.
In terms of image quality, the VX2025wm turns in a respectable performance. It received good scores on all text and graphics tests, neither distinguishing nor embarrassing itself on any particular one. We noticed the screen was too dim; had the default brightness been set higher, the VX2025wm might have scored better.
The ViewSonic VX2025wm may not be the fanciest 20-inch wide-screen out there, but its performance will handle basic monitor tasks. If your viewing needs are simple and your wallet's not eager to disgorge its contents, the VX2025 could be the 20-inch answer you're looking for.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDBA / Database Services SME - Large Telco - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTSenior Software Test AnalystOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTHFC Capacity Planner | 6mth ContractOther
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Strategy Specialist - Direct / ConsumerOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Advisor - Content & Collaboration - SharePointNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Support & System AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTScrum MasterOther