- Good text display quality
- Lack of physical adjustability
In spite of its superfast response time, it's a decent but unspectacular monitor.
Price$ 480.00 (AUD)
The ViewSonic VX724 uses the company's Amplified Impulse technology, which overdrives the LCD panel's electronics to produce faster transitions between shades of grey. In theory, accelerated grey-to-grey transitions reduce ghosting and blurring of moving images; and because of this, grey-to-grey response time has become the "it" spec for gamers.
A pixel takes three to four times as long to change from one shade of grey to another as it does to change from black to white and back to black. ViewSonic claims that its overdrive technology shortens the grey-to-grey time considerably. The company reports a grey-to-grey response time for the VX724 of 4 milliseconds and a black-to-white-to-black (also called rise-and-fall) response time of 6ms.
We conducted motion testing that reflects actual use: observing a video game intro, watching a DVD excerpt, and moving a window on the screen. In these tests, the VX724 performed no better than other 17" monitors we've reviewed. If you're a hardcore gamer in search of a fast LCD, try to examine your shortlisted monitors in person instead of buying on specs alone.
We found text crisp on the VX724. There was no problem with its graphics display performance, although the monitor did not distinguish itself from other 17" LCDs.
I liked the look of the VX724's stand, a hollowed-out, matte-silver rectangle that sets off the black bezel. I was disappointed, however, that it provided only tilt adjustment, the minimum for ergonomics and usefulness. The VX724's most pleasing physical characteristic is its shiny silver buttons and their descriptors. The buttons stand out visually from the bezel, and though their markings consist of ViewSonic's usual enigmatic mix of numbers and arrows, the contrasting paint makes them far more legible than on most of this company's products.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTUtilities Contract Administrator - $34phOther
- FTManager, Data QualityOther
- CCProject Administrator - Marketing & DigitalVIC
- CCService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTICT Solution Architect - Canberra OpportunityVIC
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTUI / UX Designer - UBANK - PermOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCServer Support Specialist ? Performance and Capacity ManagementNSW
- TPChange Manager | 12 month contract | $1181/dayQLD
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTICT Solution Architect - Canberra OpportunityNSW
- FTSenior Sharepoint Web DeveloperOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTCyber Security Technical LeadSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Business Process Improvement - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- CCProject Administrator OR project coordinatorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT