- Dual input, clean look, easy menu navigation
- No audio, excessively bright image, colour saturation
Solid performance at a reasonable price. The image is a little too bright and oversaturated by default, but the monitor is easy to adjust.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The performance of ViewSonic's VX924 is a mixed bag. It boasts impressive specs, but the image doesn't quite live up to expectations.
The 19" screen runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 and weighs 6.7kg with stand. At 43 x 47 x 20cm, it's one of the more svelte 19" screens on the market. The TFT panel boasts a 3ms response time, pitching it squarely at gaming, watching DVDs, and playing back fast-paced animations.
The sleek silver and black screen features a clean look with a rounded bezel. The screen itself features DVI and VGA inputs, but lacks USB connectors. The picture quality is comparable across both inputs, though the DVI connector provides a slightly cleaner image.
Five buttons on the bottom edge of the panel provide access to the on-screen menu, which is in turn well laid-out and easy to adjust. The buttons provide quick selection between the two screen inputs, but the screen doesn't include any audio capability.
By default, the auto-adjustment option leaves the screen very bright and the display loses a little contrast at the darker end of the spectrum. The screen documentation claims a viewing angle of 140 degrees, but we found the picture deteriorated if viewed from extreme angles in any direction. The on-screen menu allows the user to make fine adjustments to image quality, but we found it generally a little too bright, especially under fluorescent lights. Colour balance was good, and although the tones were a little oversaturated by default, they were easily brought into check using the menu.
The VX924 features a basic stand with no height adjustment and somewhat limited tilt adjustment. Thankfully, VESA mounts have been included to help integrate it into an office.
The monitor ships with a full suite of cables, and a three-year warranty rounds out the package.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTIBM COGNOS ICM DeveloperOther
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior/Mid Front-end Developer/DesignerOther
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- TPProgram Support OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplications PackagerNSW
- CCDatabase AnalystNSW
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW