Harry Potter: Spells
This one is probably just for the diehard Harry Potter fans
- Unique use of the iPhone tilt sensing, Wi-Fi multiplayer capability, impressive use of iPhone's potential
- Frustratingly touchy motion sensing, shallow gameplay that won't satisfy Harry Potter fans for long
While it's definitely worth a look from hardcore Potterites, Harry Potter: Spells suffers from shallow gameplay and frustratingly touch motion detection. Even though it's nice piece of fanservice, it's hard to recommend spells as more than a novelty app.
This extension of the ever-growing Harry Potter dynasty puts the wand in your hand and lets you duel against a friend or the computer, no matter how strong your muggle tendencies. Your iPhone captures your hand movement, and particular motions cast certain spells. For instance, to cast the dreaded Expelliarmus spell, you would wave your iPhone to the right and then sharply down. At least, in theory.
During a duel, you must carefully choose between offensive and defensive spells. A warning appears on your screen when your opponent is about to attack, and the only way to deflect the oncoming strike is with a well-timed defensive spell. Impressive graphics and sound effects are evidence of a successful spell, and the option to record the names of spells with your own voice is a nice touch.
But even while working your way through the thorough spell-casting tutorial, spells can be extremely difficult to execute. Some basic spells can take dozens of times to pull off without a hitch, making Harry Potter: Spells one of the most frustrating iPhone games I've played. This one is probably just for the diehard Harry Potter fans, and only if you have an equally fanatical friend with an iPhone to play against you.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTMessage Queue / DataPower AdministratorACT
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTAutomation Tester - SeleniumACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- CCAngular DevelopersACT
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- CCSQL Server DeveloperQLD
- FTCommunications Manager- Organisational Change ManagementOther
- FTChange AnalystOther