Woolworths Online Photo Printing
- Quick interface, Jigsaw puzzles!
- Expensive, Does not deliver
Ultimately we can’t find any reason to recommend Big W’s service, unless you particularly want a jigsaw puzzle. There are better services for less money that will deliver right to your door.
Price$ 0.31 (AUD)
Big W offers their photo printing service through AGFA, another popular print provider. Their service, whilst quite reasonable in some regards, suffers compared to the competition simply because they do not deliver to your door.
The point of online photo printing is to save people the trouble of going out at all, which Big W fails to do. Having said that, many people have no problems dropping off photographs, going shopping, and then coming back an hour or two later once they have been developed.
The Big W service also falls firmly on the pricey side. Whilst their standard 4x6 prints are about average at $0.31 each, the next size up jumps to $2.94 (as opposed to the $0.99 or $1.00 offered by most competitors) and the 8x10 inch cost a whopping $7.94. We could feel comfortable paying a bit extra to have shots delivered, but when they require an in person transaction we simply can't justify the extra cost. One nice perk of this system however is that you don't have to pay for the photographs until you actually arrive, so for security conscious people who dislike giving out their details online this may be a viable alternative.
Big W offer a variety of printing options; nothing that rivals Fujifilm, but a reasonable selection that extends up to 8x12 inch prints. There are mousepads, mugs, calendars and our personal favourite, jigsaw puzzles! That's right, now you can own a jigsaw puzzle of your favourite friend/relative/patch of blue sky. Whilst this is not enough to save the flailing service, it is a nifty feature nonetheless.
The Big W service operates through a fairly simple, downloadable interface, which comes with a few image cropping and rotating solutions, but nothing you can't do in paint beforehand. Because you don't have to enter any payment details, the process is quick and streamlined and we found ourselves finished within just a few minutes. Their system supports both JPEG and TIFF files, which is great for the more advanced photographer.
You can pick up your photographs within four to seven days and Big W will notify you by phone when they are ready.
Images produced by the AGFA printing service were quite good, but noticeably darker than the competition. In comparable foliage shots, the shadows around the leaves were a very dark green, compared to a lighter shade in other shots. The one exception to this seemed to be the colour red, which was much lighter than in any of our other shots. Edges were crisp and reasonably sharp. Overall, these were not the best shots we've looked at, but there will satisfy most people.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPSolution Architect | Azure | CRMQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTIT Systems Specialists - Collaboration SystemsOther
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTAssurance specialist(Quality Assurance and Process Improvement)ACT
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |VIC
- FTEnterprise and Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW