XtremeMac Tango Studio
- Decent sound at lower volume levels, supports all iPods with dock connector, FM radio, auxiliary line-in
- Lack of bass, distortion at higher volume levels, no FM radio presets, no equaliser or basic audio settings.
The Tango Studio is a largely unremarkable iPod speaker system and the lack of FM radio presets is a strange omission.
XtremeMac is known for quality iPod accessories and the company's latest is a compact room audio system. The Tango Studio boasts FM radio, an auxiliary input jack and a wireless remote control. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer enough in terms of both sound quality and features to be considered a wise purchase over many competitors.
The Tango Studio works with all iPods that have a dock connector including the latest iPod touch. If you don't have an iPod, XtremeMac has included a standard 3.5mm auxiliary input on the rear so any device with a standard headphone jack can be used. The design is plain but somewhat stylish and the blue LED display camouflaged by the black speaker grille is a nice touch. The controls are laid out across the top of the unit but are flat and require a firm press to operate.
Unfortunately, sound quality is average, though somewhat expected for a unit this size. The Tango Studio performs reasonably at low volume levels, but if you want to fill a room with sound, this isn't the unit for you. Distortion and crackling are evident at high volume. The highs are pleasing but they do occasionally become too bright. A distinct lack of bass is a main problem and with no equaliser presets (nor even basic bass or treble settings) on the unit itself, there aren't many options for correcting this – aside from adjusting the equaliser settings on your iPod.
An FM radio is also included, but bizarrely, there are no options for presetting your favourite audio stations. This means you'll have to search for a new station using the tune buttons. On the plus side, the radio does sound very reasonable.
The included remote offers access to all the Tango Studio's functions and its range is fairly good, operating at up to 15 metres from the unit during testing. The unit operates on AC power via the included AC adapter.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)VIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9VIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - DNSVIC
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- CCCloud EngineerNSW
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystOther
- CCJunior Analyst (Law Graduate opportunity)NSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital BAOther
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- CCInternet Applications Developer - DevOpsNSW
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTAccount Manager - Enterprise AccountsOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTAgile CoachOther
- TPSenior Business AnalsytACT
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- CCService Desk :Team LeadWA
- FTSenior Data Quality Management OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Penetration TesterACT
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Business Process Improvement - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC