XtremeMac Tango Studio
- Decent sound at lower volume levels, supports all iPods with dock connector, FM radio, auxiliary line-in
- Lack of bass, distortion at higher volume levels, no FM radio presets, no equaliser or basic audio settings.
The Tango Studio is a largely unremarkable iPod speaker system and the lack of FM radio presets is a strange omission.
XtremeMac is known for quality iPod accessories and the company's latest is a compact room audio system. The Tango Studio boasts FM radio, an auxiliary input jack and a wireless remote control. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer enough in terms of both sound quality and features to be considered a wise purchase over many competitors.
The Tango Studio works with all iPods that have a dock connector including the latest iPod touch. If you don't have an iPod, XtremeMac has included a standard 3.5mm auxiliary input on the rear so any device with a standard headphone jack can be used. The design is plain but somewhat stylish and the blue LED display camouflaged by the black speaker grille is a nice touch. The controls are laid out across the top of the unit but are flat and require a firm press to operate.
Unfortunately, sound quality is average, though somewhat expected for a unit this size. The Tango Studio performs reasonably at low volume levels, but if you want to fill a room with sound, this isn't the unit for you. Distortion and crackling are evident at high volume. The highs are pleasing but they do occasionally become too bright. A distinct lack of bass is a main problem and with no equaliser presets (nor even basic bass or treble settings) on the unit itself, there aren't many options for correcting this – aside from adjusting the equaliser settings on your iPod.
An FM radio is also included, but bizarrely, there are no options for presetting your favourite audio stations. This means you'll have to search for a new station using the tune buttons. On the plus side, the radio does sound very reasonable.
The included remote offers access to all the Tango Studio's functions and its range is fairly good, operating at up to 15 metres from the unit during testing. The unit operates on AC power via the included AC adapter.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTService Team LeaderACT
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Web Developer-Angular JS, CSS, GIT, JenkinsOther
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW