35 per cent of professionals feel frustration due to bad audio. And yet, while organisations have rushed to enable remote work policies over half (51 per cent) of organisations still only allow certain teams to order headsets or headphones.
- No pre-programmed functions
If you need a cheap and cheerful Universal Remote, the Z150 will do the job
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
When it comes to Universal Remote Controls, they don't get more frustrating than the Zensonic Z150. Unlike most competitive models, the Z150 lacks any pre-programmed functions, meaning you have to sit there and program every button manually. If you want to use the maximum number of supported devices (eight in total), you will have to painfully program over 250 buttons which is a chore, to say the least.
The user manual does not sufficiently explain how to program the remote, neglecting to mention a second infrared sensor strangely positioned on the underside of the unit. The lack of detail in the manual isn't too surprising though, given that it is approximately the size of a postage stamp. Programming the remote involves an almost medieval system of inserting a pin into one of various holes in the lower underside of the remote labeled learn, edit, clear, time/date and reset. This system is woefully inadequate and technologically retrograde.
After you have weathered these flaws and actually programmed the Z150, it is fairly easy to use. The layout and design are comfortable and the remote feels light and responsive. The build quality of the unit isn't especially great but it doesn't feel as if it's about to fall apart. While you will find almost every standard button included on the remote, if a particular button is missing, there are no soft keys to replace it with.. The Zensonic also includes a backlight feature which is only semi-useful as it is necessary to hold down a button to keep the light active. This forces you to use your second hand to operate other buttons. The last notable feature is the macro function. This works well, enabling a succession of commands to be programmed onto a single button but It's nothing we haven't seen before.
Once you've solved the challenge of programming the device, the remote is a solid, albeit, unspectacular performer. With a relatively low price, however, the Z150 is an adequate replacement for your remote control collection.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 4a review: The Goldilocks Google phone
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G review: Wrong Number
- 3 LG NANO99 NanoCell 8K TV review: Prestige at a price
- 4 LG Velvet review: Fake it till you make it
- 5 Google Pixel Buds (2020) review: Course correction
Latest News Articles
- Some of Netflix’s most popular movies and TV shows are streaming for free
- A Google Nest Hub might join you for your next hotel stay
- Apple updates iMovie with new comic filters, bug fixes, and more
- JBL's first 9.1-channel soundbar launches locally
- You can now watch Optus Sport on your LG TV
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?