Social media was enabled by the digital revolution and rapid increase in mobile technologyfrom netbooks to tablets, to smartphones and smartwatches. Apps such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp and a whole lot more, are ...
Apps - Features
Tired of Tinder? There are new, more interesting ways to find a date this Valentine’s Day.
Have you ever ignored the person you are with, be it a boyfriend or a friend, in order to look for a suitable #quoteoftheday (with just the right mix of inspiration and cute) to wow your hundred-something Instagram admirers?
If there’s not a saying about, ‘If you’re going to have full-blown influenza, then you may as well have it while the Olympics are on’ then there probably should be. I’ve spent much of the past week bed ridden, but that’s also given me the opportunit...
These four apps can help you learn tricks, meet other skaters, and find spots to skate, but each comes with their fair share of shortcomings.
About a month ago I threw my back out. I couldn’t walk or move properly. It was painful to drive. (In hindsight I shouldn’t have been driving but I had to get to the shiatsu massage place, without which this story wouldn’t have taken place).
Instead of only stressing you out, your phone really can help you get some peace if you use the right apps and strategies.
Apple is expected to take the wraps off the next version of iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and OS X at WWDC. We spoke to some app developers to find out what's on their wish lists.
Facebook continues to defy expectations with incredible growth in virtually every important area of business success, and its accomplishments stand in stark contrast to Twitter's decidedly tepid performance.
Chatbots are emerging as a shiny new tool for enterprises. These virtual assistants can differentiate themselves by personalizing the software with contextual information such as location.
Snapchat has made location a standout feature of its social network. The company's geofilters and live stories curated for specific locations demonstrate the importance of place in social media, and its campaign to capitalize on location could also h...
Google's digital storefront is lovely, but there are some areas the company could shore up for an even smoother experience.
If you’re anything like the typical smartphone user, you have a ton of apps that you barely even notice, let alone use. IT execs are no different, of course. But these apps are different, rising above the typical app clutter to become the ones these ...
The future of finance is automated apps that analyze your accounts and know how much to save and spend.
Now that Mailbox is gone, we recommend the best email clients for GTD, Inbox Zero, Exchange users, Gmail, minimalists, and more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gboard update brings text selection mode and resizing to Android keyboard app
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- TPTest ManagerNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma - BPE Design LeadOther
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- FTSenior SharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTBI Release / Test ManagerOther
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Veeam / Shadow ProtectOther
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- CCIT Helpdesk Support OfficerVIC
- CCTechnical Delivery Lead - BillingVIC