Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Apps - News
Spotify is still the top music streaming service, but it may be feeling the heat from better family deals on Apple Music and Google Play. Spotify announced on Monday that its $15-per-month family plan will match those of Apple Music and Google Play b...
Google announced Thursday morning that its Play Store will be coming to Chrome OS, the lightweight operating system that powers Chromebook laptops.
According to SurveyMonkey, mobile versions of Microsoft's core Office apps -- Excel and Word -- in April badly trailed their rivals from Google, Sheets and Docs, respectively.
Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
Evernote and Google may be competitors when it comes to notes, but the two companies are burying the hatchet so you can view your Google Drive-stored content directly inside your Evernote notes.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
The nostalgic logo is out, while the updated mobile apps embrace the trendy move to flat design and sharp color choices.
Slack is offering its users a new way to sign into other applications. The company announced Tuesday that it has launched a new "Sign in with Slack" feature that lets people use their login for the chat app to sign in to participating applications.
Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
Opera Software yesterday released a free VPN app for Apple's iOS.
Dropbox has launched Dropbox Education, a new solution designed specifically for educators and faculty in colleges, schools and Universities.
Apple could make HomeKit more convenient and less confusing with its own control app.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gboard update brings text selection mode and resizing to Android keyboard app
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise Liferay DeveloperOther
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Cloud- AWS, Office 365- PRINCE2Other
- FTSplunk SpecialistACT
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Web ApplicationsOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analysts, Banking, LendingOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- CCEUS Junior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW