Facebook is launching a beta tester program for Android smartphone users that it hopes will result in quicker diagnosis of bugs and more feedback on new features.
Apps - News
Microsoft today briefly previewed an Office application designed for the Windows "Modern," ne "Metro," user interface, and said it would launch the touch-enabled suite next year.
Instagram looks the same. It feels the same. But there's more oomph now with video.
Step aside, Vine: 15-second videos are coming to Instagram on iOS and Android, complete with basic editing, filters, and stabilisation.
After nearly a week of speculation, Facebook announced today that Instagram, its popular photo-sharing service, now supports video.
If, like many, you use Evernote as a sophisticated to-do list, the latest update to the essential software and service is about to dramatically increase its usefulness. Reminders give Evernote a full suite of alarm and notification features, ideal fo...
Last week's release of Office Mobile for the iPhone nailed down one of the mysteries pundits had pondered -- how Microsoft planned to generate Office revenue from Apple's iPhone and iPad.
After months and years of rumours, Microsoft Office is finally coming to the Apple iPhone, in the biggest Apple/Microsoft news since Bill Gates agreed to support Office for Mac in return for getting Internet Explorer on Apple's systems. Microsoft Off...
Apple iOS 7 finally lets you put the Newsstand app icon in a folder, ending a long-standing if minor irritation among iPhone and iPad users.
Microsoft's surprise launch of Office Mobile for the iPhone shows that the software giant continues to favour Windows' future over Office's fortune, analysts said.
Uber, a private car service that originated in San Francisco, has today announced the launch of a taxi booking service in Sydney.
As details of iOS 7 unfolded, the only thing some third-party app developers could hear was a sad trombone. That's because many of the features their apps provide will now be built into iOS 7 or its apps. Here are some of the apps that could be made ...
Rejoice, Samsung and HTC Android phones owners: Google has made the stock Android keyboard available as a standalone app in Google Play. And the app includes gestures and voice typing.
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
Developer tool company AppGyver loves the PhoneGap platform, but is convinced there is room for productivity and performance improvements and is working on products to achieve both.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTInternal Recruitment | $36phVIC
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTMS Dynamics DevelopersNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTProject AnalystVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Vetting OfficerACT
- FTField Services EngineerWA
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- FTProcurement Business AnalystVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW