Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Apps - News
Facebook is launching a beta tester program for Android smartphone users that it hopes will result in quicker diagnosis of bugs and more feedback on new features.
Microsoft today briefly previewed an Office application designed for the Windows "Modern," ne "Metro," user interface, and said it would launch the touch-enabled suite next year.
Instagram looks the same. It feels the same. But there's more oomph now with video.
Step aside, Vine: 15-second videos are coming to Instagram on iOS and Android, complete with basic editing, filters, and stabilisation.
After nearly a week of speculation, Facebook announced today that Instagram, its popular photo-sharing service, now supports video.
If, like many, you use Evernote as a sophisticated to-do list, the latest update to the essential software and service is about to dramatically increase its usefulness. Reminders give Evernote a full suite of alarm and notification features, ideal fo...
Last week's release of Office Mobile for the iPhone nailed down one of the mysteries pundits had pondered -- how Microsoft planned to generate Office revenue from Apple's iPhone and iPad.
After months and years of rumours, Microsoft Office is finally coming to the Apple iPhone, in the biggest Apple/Microsoft news since Bill Gates agreed to support Office for Mac in return for getting Internet Explorer on Apple's systems. Microsoft Off...
Apple iOS 7 finally lets you put the Newsstand app icon in a folder, ending a long-standing if minor irritation among iPhone and iPad users.
Microsoft's surprise launch of Office Mobile for the iPhone shows that the software giant continues to favour Windows' future over Office's fortune, analysts said.
Uber, a private car service that originated in San Francisco, has today announced the launch of a taxi booking service in Sydney.
As details of iOS 7 unfolded, the only thing some third-party app developers could hear was a sad trombone. That's because many of the features their apps provide will now be built into iOS 7 or its apps. Here are some of the apps that could be made ...
Rejoice, Samsung and HTC Android phones owners: Google has made the stock Android keyboard available as a standalone app in Google Play. And the app includes gestures and voice typing.
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gboard update brings text selection mode and resizing to Android keyboard app
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTWeb Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- TPStakeholder Engagement Specialist - Change Manager - HealthQLD
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD