At this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Asus took the wraps off a number of new products, such as a touchscreen netbook with a swivel hinge, a redesigned Eee PC keyboard, and a 12-inch netbook with a 512 GB solid-state hard drive. All of these are product you'll be able to buy in the not-too-distant future.
Asustek Computer, the world's largest motherboard maker and developer of the popular Eee PC line of netbooks, slashed its fourth quarter shipment outlook on Thursday, citing slower than expected demand for its products.
Asustek Computer on Tuesday debuted an ultra-thin, light netbook called the S121 with two new technologies, Microsoft's yet-to-be released Windows 7 OS and the world's largest solid state drive (SSD) at 512GB.
Asustek Computer plans to unveil a new Eee PC netbook that costs just US$200 in the first quarter of next year, a company representative said Thursday.
ASUS unleashes new laptops amid Calvin Klein's latest runway creations.
Acer, the world's third-largest PC vendor, said shipments of its Aspire One netbook could reach 6 million units this year, which would edge out Asustek Computer's popular Eee PC at the top of the market.
As handheld devices become more like full-fledged computers in their own right, the question of whether business travelers might be better served by leaving their laptops at home is again being asked by IT managers and end users alike. But that still appears to be more of a future goal than a current reality.
Like a diamond, a digital media player or a rare coin, the latest mini-notebooks are good things in small packages. By squeezing a lot of computing power into a very mobile package at a hard-to-beat price, they are turning the established mobile pecking order on its head.
Microsoft may release Windows 7 as early as next November, bloggers speculated Wednesday, pointing to postings on the company's own Web site and comments made by the CEO of Asus, the company that makes the popular Eee PC line of netbooks.
Microsoft is considering giving its Windows client OS the capability to be turned on very rapidly by allowing users only limited access to the OS, a concept it's calling "Instant On," according to a survey Microsoft conducted.
With the economy in turmoil, a lot of people who are looking to buy PCs are increasingly turning to cheap, low-power mini laptops.
Asustek Computer's Japanese arm has alerted owners of its new Eee Box low-cost desktop PC that the machine shipped with a virus.
Hacking isn't just for geeks anymore. In this era of ubiquitous gadgetry and free information, anyone with a screwdriver can do a little unauthorized tinkering. Sure, the word hacking has negative connotations. But hacking is really about being a do-it-yourselfer. That means opening a Web browser rather than your wallet to get more functionality from the products you own.
No two industries appear more dissimilar than those of PCs and fashion. One has long been marketed on style, the other on function. One is dominated by female consumers, the other by male buyers.
Mini-laptops are among the hottest new products this year and with the back-to-school sales season upon us, I created a list of items to help you choose the right one.
Top tips to finding the right security solution for your needs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus Shows Laptop Sharing Concept
- Asustek Eee PC, motherboard shipments hit by downturn
- Asus debuts S121 netbook with Windows 7 and 512GB SSD
- Asustek to unveil US$200 Eee PC netbook next year
- Acer netbook shipments to beat Asus's Eee PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTApplication Tester & Quality Assurance AnalystOther
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- TPIT TrainerQLD
- CCSystems TesterNSW
- CCTest LeadWA
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- CCvRealize Solution DesignerACT
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment PlatformNSW
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTChange AnalystOther