Once you figure out which category of laptop best suits your needs, it's time to examine the specifications.
Back to School - Guides
Picking up the right tech products during the back to school period can be a daunting prospect for students and parents alike (and pity those who are both!) A computer and an Internet connection are essential for students, but you should also conside...
Choosing a CPU for your new computer is never easy, especially if it's been a while since your last purchase; it's difficult to know exactly what to look for. In September, Intel launched its Core i5 CPU.
One of the key advantages of wireless broadband is that it allows you to have an Internet connection without being physically connected to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
A multifunction device (MFD) -- also known as a multifunction printer -- lets you print, scan, photocopy, fax, and more. Most multifunctions will let you to carry out more than one of these tasks simultaneously.
Hard drives can be found in all sorts of products -- PCs, digital video recorders (DVR), camcorders and MP3 players, for example. The hard drive is one of the most important components for PCs, as it provides permanent, large-scale storage for a user...
You’ve probably heard about the latest notebook craze: mini-laptops called netbooks. Netbooks are small and not very powerful laptops that can be used for basic tasks such as word processing, watching videos, listening to music, browsing the Internet...
Digital radio is the next evolution of radio broadcasting. It offers better sound and signal quality compared to existing analog radio services, but you will need special equipment to receive digital radio transmissions.
With Naked ADSL you can get fast ADSL2+ speeds and save money by avoiding line rental fees. We explain what you need to know before making the leap to Naked ADSL.
New exploits against VoIP continue to emerge, but experts say these demonstrations reveal the need for vigilant security and are not fatal flaws to the technology.
As technology and communications begin to converge, the focus is increasingly placed upon multifunction devices, such as the modern smartphone.
With more bandwidth and endless multimedia possibilities, 3G mobile phones are leaving 2G in the dust.
Don't know what memory card best suits your needs? Well we do! Read on to find out.
For the majority of those looking to upgrade to broadband Internet for the business or home, it's all about the extra speed.
Spyware ranges from the merely annoying to the potentially devastating, but our Anti-spyware guide will keep your PC pesk free.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- CC.NET Developer!QLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- FTCyber Security - Technical SpecialistACT
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- TPIT Business Analyst (UX Design)NSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTProject AnalystACT