Bose is better at masking jet-engine drone, but Sony is no slouch on that score and ultimately it offers the better-sounding cans.
No matter how much you love Apple gear, you’re going to have trouble loving AirPods.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
Claiming to deliver "incredibly accurate" music reproduction, Monster Cable's Beats by Dr Dre Tour are in-ear headphones with a striking design. The Beats by Dr Dre Tour headphones offer decent sound quality, but there are better in-ear phones available for similar prices.
Some of the best headphones if you're heading back to school or uni
Whether you're buying headphones for yourself or for a child, it's important to consider the design — but that shouldn't be the only consideration.
The Phitek BlackBox M14 closed headphones deliver active noise cancellation powered by a single AAA battery. They are well constructed and reasonably comfortable for long-term listening sessions, and their sound is versatile enough for a range of musical styles. Audio can feel closed-in at times due to the design, but if you can live with this then you'll be pleased with these headphones.
The Heartbeats by Lady Gaga in-ear headphones are ultra-trendy — they're designed for the fashion tragic who can't bear wearing anything not studded with diamantes and pearls. Their design is the only thing setting them apart from the wide range of other in-ear headphones available; sound quality is merely average and comfort levels are not particularly high. If you need adjustability for your canalphones, you'll need to look somewhere else.
Sennheiser’s HD 428 budget PC/gaming headphones are equally suited to music listening, playing games and watching movies. As a jack of all trades, the HD 428 is a master of none. The overall mediocre sound quality is par for the course with budget headphones, but they look good and are comfortable to wear for a few hours at a time.
It's been a good year for headphones, with a huge range of innovations and interesting technologies released to the market. We've picked our favourite five pairs of the year.
Sennheiser's HD 238 Precision headphones are made with good quality components and are comfortable to wear in almost all conditions. The headphones have detailed sound reproduction but we found they seemed flatter than other models, requiring some equaliser adjustment for rich audio.
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
Sony's MDR-NC300D in-ear headphones are far bulkier than a normal pair of canal-phones thanks to active noise-cancellation circuitry and a power/control pack. Normal noise-cancelling headphones only offer acoustic (passive) noise cancellation, but the Sony MDR-NC300D's powered noise cancellation actively eliminates outside noise with inverse audio signals. This offers an eerily quiet listening stage.
Sennheiser's HD 438 headphones are designed for listening to music and PC gaming. They're reasonably priced and sturdily built. Though they don't offer spectacular sound quality, non-audiophiles should be relatively pleased.
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT is a set of Bluetooth wireless headphones with integrated playback and volume buttons.
Find out how these 2 reviewers were able to make significant improvements to their small meeting effectiveness
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTest Analysts - agileACT
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- FTWorkspace/ Workplace Lead/ Manager - ABW environmentOther
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTField ConsultantOther
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Subject Matter ExpertQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- TPApplication Support AdministratorVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network Designer - Australian Citizenship RequiredOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital BAOther
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT